Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Global Strategic Marketing, Procedural Innovation - Degen/MIS
Requisition ID: 7914180403
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is searching for a key strategic Global Strategic Marketing leadership role within its Spine Platform. The Director, Global Strategic Marketing - Procedural Innovation-Degen/MIS, will be located southwest of Boston, based in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, DePuy Synthes is more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This Director-level role will be responsible for developing organizational capability and managing a team focused around Lumbar Degen/MIS Procedural Innovation. This will include the procedural merging of IONM/Software/Navigation technologies with more traditional areas of Access, Fixation, Retraction, Biologics and Interbody. The candidate will be responsible for managing and developing a high-powered team (Marketing Managers and Sr. Marketing Managers) to create a robust long-term strategic vision for this Spine business unit. This will include ensuring a robust pipeline of innovation, maintaining a large base business, successfully integrating acquired technology, as well as providing make/buy/partner recommendations in key technology segments. Ultimately, this individual will execute on this vision to create and launch new technology platforms and transform spinal surgery.
- Collaborate with Product Development, Business Development, HEMA, and external partners to assess the global market insights, product concepts, marketplace dynamics, etc., to ensure that the stakeholders' voices are brought to the broader team.
- Develop overall pricing strategy to maximize platform profitability, be responsible for managing gross profit targets, achieve market share goals and deliver projects within a designated budget and timeline, ensure that all regions are informed and aligned with global product development projects, programs and initiatives to deliver results, as well as ensure applicable company compliance with all relevant country and regional requirements, company regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide direction and support to team members in business for sustainability and growth. Bring specific products services, programs and solutions to effectively meet the needs of the patient, physician, provider, payor and, policy maker and address the triple aim.
- Provide guidance and insight in defining portfolio life cycle management strategy, collaborate in the creation and advance the business case to secure R&D investments from corporate, proactively support and respond to the needs of downstream marketing colleagues, provide leadership, experience and insights in product stage gate meetings, and provide leadership and insights to global asset deployment decision making.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required, with an MBA being strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years progressive professional experience inclusive of Marketing and/or Product/Brand Management experience is required.
- Experience managing & developing medical products is preferred.
- Start-up or entrepreneurial experience is preferred.
- Multi-national company experience is required.
- Robust people management experience with a proven track record of talent acquisition and development is required.
- Experience in strategic planning and pipeline preparation, launch excellence and/or marketing communications is required.
- Background in or experience meeting patient, physician, provider, payor, and/or policy maker needs is required.
- Exposure to the ASC/Outpatient site of care is a plus.
- This position requires approximately 30% travel, domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)