Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist - High Throughput Experimentation (HTE) Lead, Discovery Chemistry
Requisition ID: 7903190219
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, is seeking an experienced, highly skilled, and motivated medicinal chemist to work in our laboratories in Spring House, PA, for the position of Principal Scientist, High Throughput Experimentation (HTE) Lead - Discovery Chemistry. This position will require the candidate to possess an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of high throughput experimentation and modern catalysis with a strong scientific leadership to lead an industry-leading HTE group to support Janssen Discovery pipeline. This individual will be responsible for the internal HTE build with the screening expertise and capabilities in chemo-catalysis, reaction optimization and direct-to-biology. The incumbent will play a leading role in defining the Janssen HTE strategy and operating model in Discovery Chemistry. He/She will collaborate closely with other functional areas in Janssen Discovery Chemistry and Lead Discovery, and with external CROs and research institutions to effectively execute our HTE strategy. Responsibilities of the Principal Scientist will include:
- Define the overall HTE strategy and execution plan in supporting Janssen Discovery Chemistry
- Lead the design and implementation of a start-of-art high throughput experimentation lab at Janssen
- Lead a group of scientists to accelerate Janssen Discovery programs through the application of various HTE capabilities
- Lead the effort to develop and apply novel enabling chemistries in Discovery Chemistry
- Collaborate closely with Lead Discovery team to accelerate discovery programs by reducing the design/make/test cycle time, such as Direct-to-Biology
- Serve as a scientific leader and expert in modern organic chemistry and HTE with both internal and external partners, and provide recommendations regarding emerging external capabilities in this field.
- Ensure optimal interaction/communication and provide updates on project status to Discovery Chemistry leadership
- A PhD in synthetic or medicinal chemistry with 7 years of related experience is required
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred
- A minimum of 3 or more years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry with high throughput experimentation platform and its successful application on discovery programs is required.
- A proven track record of drug discovery and/or synthetic chemistry is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives are required
- Demonstrated influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills, including the ability to succeed within a matrix environment are required
- Experience in mentoring team members in a drug discovery environment is required
- Strong track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications, patent applications, and presentations at major national meetings is required
- Track record of independently managing the scientific execution of a project, working effectively with colleagues as well as external contract researchers to deliver on objectives is required
- Experience with lab automation and parallel synthesis is required
- Experience with modern chemoinformatics, computational tools and scientific software in drug discovery, and the ability to apply data-mining, data visualization and other techniques to complex datasets is preferred
- Maintaining a lab presence is required
- Up to 10% travel both domestically and internationally is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)