Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Lead Reliability Engineer, Digital Healthcare, which will be based in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, we are the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 J&J operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Are you humble, hungry, and skilled?! Join our team to build and lead reliability engineering efforts that directly impact our patients, caregivers, and J&J business. While getting immersed in JJ Technology delivery models, Digital Product Delivery, Agile, vendor management, and collaborations with J&J software engineering, development, and DevOps teams, this role will deliver reliability solutions and automation that will influence patient, customer, and business outcomes.
This Lead position is within the Technology Services, Digital Healthcare and Connected Commerce organization. Your time will be split between operations/on-call duties and developing systems and software that help increase reliability and performance. Your goal will be to improve an application system’s reliability such that the operational duties have decreased to the point at which focus can be redirected to the next in a suite of applications.
- The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, and incident response, among other things, of the platforms and services that J&J Healthcare Technology owns and runs.
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics that facilitate strong collaborative and positive interpersonal relationships with the organization.
- Be a trusted partner to the business, software engineering and development teams, and global counterparts.
- Meet desired business value objectives for service levels, availability, and process improvement goals.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to peers, junior team members, co-ops and/or external consultants.
- Collaborates with suppliers and vendors for SLA accountability and to evaluate software or services and help drive decisions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant IT experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in cloud technologies and operations is required.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills are required.
- Good understanding of AWS technology stack and Kubernetes is required.
- Experience with infrastructure as code development is required.
- The technical capability to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing vendors and vendor resources is required.
- Ability to partner and engage with a cross-section of people at multiple levels of the organization is required.
- A blend of skills, including sysadmin, security, automation, software engineering, and the ability to code with a strong knowledge of OS, expert-level knowledge on Amazon Services (IaaS & PaaS), Container Fabrics, Networking, Alerting, and Monitoring (infrastructure and application performance), REST APIs is preferred.
- Programming in at least one of the following; Java, NodeJS, PowerShell, Python, etc. is preferred.
- Experience with continuous integration and version control tools, such as Jenkins, GIT, etc. is preferred.
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM methodologies is preferred.
- Experience in a large global organization
- Experience managing systems in a regulated or controlled environment (GxP, SOX, HIPAA, or SDLC) is preferred.
- Experience with compliance of mobile medical apps and handling of patient data is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- This position is located in Raritan, NJ and may require up to 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)