Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Immuno-Oncology Discovery (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 7898180403
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, IO Discovery position located in Spring House, PA. This position will require up to 10% domestic travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We discover and develop innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Bring your talents to our mission, visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ to learn more.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Scientist will join the Cellular Therapy team within the Immuno-Oncology group at Janssen with a focus on CAR-T therapy. S/he will serve as a project and platform leader and liaise with key functional partners to drive CAR-T discovery programs, translational research and basic biology for regulatory submission. S/he will be lab-based and will independently designing, conducting and oversee experiments to further understand mechanisms to improve CAR-T therapy for heme and solid cancer indications, including mechanisms of resistance, exhaustion, persistence and toxicity. S/he will be required to present project strategy, critical path, and results to various teams including senior management.
The position resides in a highly matrixed team environment and requires a collaborative spirit, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills. S/he will contribute to various projects outside of her/his own, collaborate with stakeholders from all relevant functions, and keep up-to-date with documentation and published literature related to the field.
- A Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) with prior CAR-T pharmaceutical experience and with 0-3 years post-doctoral experience or a minimum of 12 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties beyond a B.S. degree, or at least 3 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties at the Senior Associate Scientist level, or the equivalent training/experience
- A strong background in cell biology, immunology, cancer biology and assay development skills are required. Experience with T cell killing, CAR-T generation, lentiviral transduction, RNA transfection and T cell activation is a must.
- The position requires strong tissue culture experience in human and mouse ex vivo tissues, primary immune cells and tumor cell lines. Previous experience in isolating, activating and differentiating human immune cells (T cells, Tregs, monocyte derived DCs) is required. Prior experience designing and running 10+ color flow panels is required. Proficiency with AutoMACS, FCS, Luminex, MSD, Ella and ELISA experience are a must.
- Intellectually curious and well informed on the latest scientific advances in the field is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally is required. Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and record-keeping skills is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards is required.
- Previous experience managing junior scientists or associates is preferred
- Meticulous documentation (Accelrys Electronic Lab Notebook and OpenLab ECM), mastery of analysis software (GraphPad Prism v6.02 or greater, FlowJo v10.5 or greater, TIBCO Spotfire) familiarity with data sharing platforms (Sharepoint, One Drive) is desirable
- Proficiency with AutoMACS, FCS, Luminex, MSD, Ella and ELISA experience is a must.
- This position is located in Spring House, PA. There will be up to 10% Travel
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)