Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead R&D Software Engineer Systems
Requisition ID: 7895180725
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Lead R&D Software Engineer Systems, to be located in Santa Ana, CA.
JJV, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the JV brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Responsible for Senior level engineering activities related to the development and CPI of surgical systems and devices for Dry Eye and Cataract ophthalmic equipment. Provides leadership to the Process development team in coordination with other engineering and business disciplines throughout the development and sustaining process. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet product performance. Stays current with cutting-edge medical device industry and technology trends to ensure robust product development and sustaining.
Assists in the planning and execution of large, complex product development projects while adhering to budget, scope and schedule requirements. Helps ensure consistent practices throughout all phases of the project life cycle and across project teams. Ensures completion of technical reports, protocols, and requirements for compliance with Agency regulations.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Executes high quality, integrated cross-functional plans for projects including requirements, schedule, milestones, risks, issues, budgets and resources.
- Facilitates communication among Operations (production, supply chain, quality), Marketing and Regulatory organizations.
- Educates and mentors with respect to engineering process development principles and philosophy in order to build more robust processes.
- Demonstrates significant relevant experience, leadership traits and strong technical project management skills.
- Executes the development management of complex medical equipment utilizing both technical and Process Management leadership.
- Responsible for surgical equipment, software engineering processes development including all V&V processes.
- Responsible for development of detailed documentation packages throughout all phases of Development and in support of sustaining activities, including supporting the execution of testing plans and protocols.
- Responsible for supporting the Development of new concepts from initial design to market phase, including the support of feasibility studies to verify functionality.
- Provides support of test methodologies, standards and relevant practices.
- Responsible to identify, qualify, and manage subcontractors and suppliers.
- Interfaces with customers (suppliers, subcontractors and medical professionals) to support and define product requirements
- Works effectively within a cross-functional team.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or closely related discipline, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence.
- A post-graduate education/degree is desired and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Electronics hardware development experience within a regulated medical or aerospace environment.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience working on problems of complex scope where analytics are used to determine direction and solutions.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Interacts well within interdependent business groups and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external resources.
- Listens and understands others' points of view and tactfully and respectfully articulates position using verbal, email, technical written reports, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Six-sigma certification /Professional Engineering certification desirable.
- Based in Santa Ana, CA, R&D facility; will require up to 10% of travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)