With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 130,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 250 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals and medical technology. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
In this role, you will work with colleagues in the R&D Data Sciences organization and partner with key businesses across Janssen to help in applying advanced analytics to answer research questions related to key focus areas. You will be a member of a project team including data scientists and subject matter experts from the therapeutic areas and use their feedback to create and iterate on data science solutions.
Successful intern candidates should possess:
- A strong understanding of Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computational Biology, Biomedical Informatics, or related field as demonstrated by current or prior coursework.
- Strong technical communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: R/RShiny, Python, SQL, C, C++, Java, Perl
- Experience with data wrangling, transformations, visualization, analysis, and predictive modeling.
- Familiarity with doing computations and analyses on large datasets.
- Experience building
population statistics to compare to the prevalence of elements in the
analysis dataset is preferred.
- Prior independent or classroom research experience on a data focused project is preferred.
- Machine learning experience is a plus
- Knowledge of health outcomes databases (claim, EMR/EHR, survey, observation studies) is a plus.
- Coursework or background in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, biomedical engineering and other life sciences is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)