Johnson & Johnson Careers
SR PROJECT MANAGER
Requisition ID: 7891180725
Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) have a devastating personal and economic impact, claiming the lives of 99,000 people in the U.S. each year at a cost of up to $45 billion. Ensuring that all surgical devices are properly sterilized is one way healthcare workers can help reduce the incidences of HAIs, and Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) has been partnering with hospitals for decades to safeguard patient health and safety. ASP has a strong track record of designing and delivering innovative infection-prevention solutions, from low-temperature sterilization to high-level disinfection, and is a global market leader setting the standard in sterilization.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products(ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
Advanced Sterilization Products is seeking a Senior R&D Manager, Connected Products to work in Irvine, CA.
- Leading major capital and consumable product development programs related to medical device reprocessing and infection control
- Creation, implementation, reporting and communication of project plans
- Education and training of other R&D members in project management best practices and tools
- Ensuring plans and deliverables are compliant with appropriate design control procedures
- Working with cross-functional stakeholders to develop project plans and project risk analysis for all projects
- Communication of project status to all project stakeholders. Communication includes: project meeting minutes, presentations to governance boards, post-introduction reports, and any status or project detail information needed
- Defining key project constraints such as scope, schedule, budget, resources and risks.
- Serving as lead contact for all internal stakeholders (manufacturing, accounting, purchasing, sterilization, packaging, etc.) regarding project activities.
- Creation and approval of project budgets (if appropriate)
- Leading project team identifying and addressing critical path constraints or road blocks
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or related fields and 6 years of related industry experience is required
- Project management experience is required
- New product development experience preferred
- PMP Certification is preferred
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred
- Experience in the following project management knowledge areas: effective collaboration, integration, scope, time, cost, quality, resourcing, communication, risk and procurement are preferred
- Ability to develop leadership capabilities and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to effectively assimilate and communicate complex information from multiple sources
- Ability to recognize and lead the resolution of project issues and road blocks is an essential requirement for this position
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Project, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint) is required
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required
- This position will be based in Irvine, CA and will require up to 10% travel, including potential international
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP)