At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
Janssen Inc. is looking to fill a Law Clerk position in our Legal Department located in Toronto, Ontario.
The Law Clerk will be a member of the Legal Department at Janssen Inc. The role of the Law Clerk will include; reviewing, revising, customizing and drafting a high volume of contracts ranging in complexity across functional areas; negotiating contract language with external and internal partners; developing and revising contract and other legal templates; proactively educating the business on the appropriate use of templates and the legal and commercial fundamentals of contracts; filing and retrieving electronic copies of executed contracts from retention database; and generally working within the Legal Department and the business on a wide range of legal and business projects.
Responsibility for the preparation and filing of corporate documents (i.e. minutes, resolutions etc.) and coordination of federal and provincial filings with external counsel is also required.
Contracts and Corporate/Commercial Documents:
• Creating, revising and managing template agreements and forms
• Working with and proactively educating colleagues regarding the proper use of template agreements and forms and the legal and commercial fundamentals of contracts
• Establishing, implementing and managing internal processes around contract and template review and drafting
• Working with colleagues of the Legal Department at Janssen, other J&J attorneys and/or outside counsel, as applicable, on review, creation and approval of contracts across products and functions: including confidentiality agreements, contracts governing interactions with healthcare professionals, general commercial contracts for provision of basic services with third party vendors, buying group tender contracts, and clinical trial agreements
• Negotiating contract language with external and internal partners
• In cases where the review or development of a contract is out of scope for the Law Clerk, acting as the point of triage for requests for contract review and development
• Drafting and preparation of corporate documents (i.e. minutes, resolutions, etc.)
• Managing departmental budget including creation of purchase orders, invoicing & outside counsel billing relationship
Completion of Law Clerk program accredited by The Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario
5 to 7 years’ corporate law experience would be preferred
Minimum of 5 years’ experience drafting and revising contracts
Detail and process oriented
Demonstrated excellent judgment
Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently with limited supervision
Demonstrated abilities to work in a fast-paced environment, meet stringent timelines, prioritize work relative to business context, and handle multiple demands simultaneously
Highly computer literate, with advanced skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and different legal and contracts databases
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to work with a wide range of people with varying degrees of experience dealing with legal issues
Basic contract negotiating skills
Bilingualism in English and French would be an asset
RFP and 3rd party vendor experience would be an asset
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)