Johnson & Johnson Vision, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Manager, Data Engineering based in Jacksonville, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every single day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
The Manager, Data Engineering, has responsibility for project managing and implementing the development of data warehousing for North America (NA) Commercial Operations. This Manager is responsible for data lifecycle management - ingestion, contextualization, feature engineering and operationalization, partnering with Global Vision Care, J&J IT and other J&J Enterprise data scientists. Building and delivering North America specific Business Intelligence solutions. Responsible for making data “consumption ready” to ultimately accelerate insight development, support repeatable performance monitoring and enable machine learning. This role will also be responsible for bringing a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. Learning and deploying leading technologies in the analytics space specific to the business needs. Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.
Maintain the Data Architecture and data models used by the NA Business Intelligence and Commercial Operations teams.
Developing the analytical solutions to address the opportunities – and partnering with business and technology to deploy the solution to achieve impact
Working with technology partners to integrate information and solution into a seamless, repeatable and consistent way
Identify and resolve complex data migration, transformation and quality issues.
Ensure project goals are accomplished in line with business objectives.
Understanding the business opportunities within and beyond individual franchises to enable profitable growth
Being a change agent- continuing to be on the top tier edge of the analytical capabilities outside of J&J – building capability within the organization
Provide thought leadership by researching standard methodologies and collaborating externally
Supporting BI analysts in the basic data engineering capabilities enabling throughput.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, with an Information Technology focus)
- Advanced degree in STEM or related discipline, e.g. statistics, operations research, computer science, mathematics; computer science degree preferred
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive, broad-based information systems and technology experience in data warehousing, and decision support/reporting environments.
- Minimum of two years of software development experience, specifically in the area of data transformation scripting languages – proprietary (INFORMATICA, SQL) or open source (TALEND, Python) – required; open source transformation scripting strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable data lifecycle capability required around data ingestion (ingest data from disparate systems into cloud computing environment), data contextualization (merging large data sets, developing algorithms to merge and clean data); data insights and analytics is required
- Demonstrated familiarity with large datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is required.
- Strong verbal, written and influence skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Solid project management skills.
- Strong business insight to understand functional domains within sales and marketing, and understand how decisions impact the different parts of our commercial organization
- Demonstrable ability to understand massive disparate data sets and transform the information into clear insights for the business
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)