Job Description (Post-doctoral Trainee, Neuroscience Biomarkers, La Jolla CA)
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Company, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Post-Doctoral Trainee in our Neuroscience Biomarkers Team. You will be a member of the Neuroscience Biomarkers team working to develop measurements that help to understand the mechanism and efficacy of drug candidates.
The Post-Doctoral Trainee will be responsible for working with other scientists in the laboratory in the design and execution of measurements that inform clinical studies. You will maintain excellent notebooks and recorded data. You will keep all laboratory and business-related training up to date. The position has a scientific focus that consists of developing biochemical biomarkers for disease diagnosis and stratification, measurement of target engagement, disease progression and safety in the fields of Mood Disorders and Neurodegenerative Disease. A focus for the position consists of Immunoassay development and validation for proteins and peptides in tissue and fluid samples to be used as biomarkers. This will include protein/peptide enrichment, preparation of immunoreagents for assays, and other immunological techniques, including Western blotting and related. As part of the Protein Lab, you will interact with internal and external contacts. Contacts inside the company include Neuroscience Mood Disorders and Neurodegenerative Disease Discovery Scientists, Discovery Scientists in technology areas and Experimental Medicine physicians and scientists. You will collaborate with external contacts including non-competitive alliance partners and CROs with specialized instrument capabilities.
The position requires the recent completion of a Ph.D. degree in a Biological/Chemical discipline within the last 5 years. The successful candidate should have experience using antibody techniques for measuring and studying proteins in biological samples. Experience using computer-based data acquisition and analysis is preferred. The ability to learn new instrumentation for assay development is required. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. The position is located in La Jolla, CA and may require < 10% travel.
- Candidates must have completed their doctoral program in an accredited college/university before August 2019 (Ph.D. or equivalent). (Required)
- Is your Ph.D. or equivalent in a biological or chemical field? (Required)
- Candidates must be available to work (Full-time).
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in SharePoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)