Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Medical Affairs - Immunology
Requisition ID: 7857181116
Janssen Pharmaceutical, companies of Johnson & Johnson are hiring a Director, Medical Affairs Immunology located in Toronto, Ontario.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
The Director, Medical Affairs Immunology supports the business goals and objectives and has primary accountability for building and developing Janssen Canada’s medical and scientific leadership within Immunology. This role will represent Canada and the VP, MA on global teams (as designated by the VP, MA) and will be the designated alternate for the VP, MA on external industry associations such as IMC (Innovative Medicine Canada) as required.
The Director, Medical Affairs, through effective leadership of the medical team will establish and foster professional relationships, supporting internal and external scientific needs. They will leverage their clinical/medical/scientific knowledge to advance the interests of Janssen Canada and to ensure that patients and healthcare professions derive maximal benefit from our products. They will represent the overall Medical Science organization on cross functional initiatives as required.
The Director, Medical Affairs will be a strong and effective people leader; accountable for the development and leadership of a high-performance team. They will be highly engaged in objective setting and performance management, providing clarity of direction, ensuring the strategy and deliverables of the organization are clearly understood and communicated. Cross functional collaboration and the fostering of strong relationships across the organization will be an important measure of success, demanding an individual with strong influencing skills, a collaborative approach and strategic business acumen.
• Represents, leads and promotes Janssen as the scientific partner of choice through thought leadership and influence of key opinion leaders on the fundamental issues affecting the industry within the designated therapeutic areas
• Oversees the design and implementation of Medical Affairs plans (both evidence generating and evidence disseminating) within their span of control and ensures the development of integrated evidence generation plans that are strategically aligned with the business
• Seeks out and leverages opportunities for knowledge sharing on a global basis and develops new and innovative strategies to achieve scientific and business results
• Attracts, develops and retains high-caliber team members, helping to build a medical and scientific pool to drive future success of Janssen Canada
• Establishes a culture of high performance by focusing on the delivery of high priority, core activities within their teams
• Develops and fosters strong collaborative relationships with internal partners including Regulatory Affairs, Global Clinical Operations, Access, Sales and Marketing to meet business objectives.
• Leads team in the development of differentiation platforms around key clinical and other health outcomes attributes
• Supports the design, development and management of Phase II through IV clinical programs within Canada including Investigator Initiated Studies and other evidence generating activities to address Canadian needs.
• Interfaces effectively with the global partners to maximize lifecycle opportunities for products both locally and at a global level.
• Interacts with Key Opinion Leaders, Regulatory Authorities, and other external agencies in support of our products, therapeutic areas of interest and company objectives
• A minimum of a Doctor of Medicine (MD), Ph.D. or PharmD. is required
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience is required, with prior experience in a senior Medical Leadership Role with a proven track record of significant success in leadership and strategy development
• A minimum of 5 years of direct people management experience is required
• Knowledge of multiple therapeutic areas is an asset
• Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to work with and motivate teams
• Excellent interdependent partnering ability, including ability to effectively work with customers and colleagues, and ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment
• Proven track record developing, presenting and publishing clinical studies
• Demonstrated skills in identifying and developing solutions to data gaps using current best practise approaches to data generation
• Demonstrated skills in the areas of sound judgement, people development, critical analysis, negotiation, and innovation
Janssen Inc. (7710)