Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Head of Strategy & Governance (HSG)
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Health & Safety
Requisition ID: 7855180724
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Global Head of Strategy & Governance (HSG), located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 134,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Global Head of Strategy & Governance (HSG) is part of the Global Health Services (GHS) Leadership Team. S/he assumes stewardship and is accountable for the strategy, governance, stakeholder management and performance of organizational programs in the areas of Occupational Health, Wellness & Health Promotion and Employee Assistance Programs. S/he also possesses a strong understanding of regional requirements in the context of a global framework and acts as the bridge between the Operations and the Employee Health Innovation COE. This position continually reviews and updates project management tools and templates to ensure employee engagement, relevance and consistency with the J&J employee experience and Project Management (PM) approach.
Operational Excellence, Infrastructure and Governance:
The HSG is key in influencing the service delivery of GHS and is accountable for the management of a consistent, deliberate and data driven approach for improvement of the quality and efficiency of execution of all GHS programs and infrastructure. S/he works with the Global Head of Employee Health Innovation and Global Head of Operations to create structured schedules and project plans based on program goals, resource needs, potential risks, time to delivery and budget constraints. Furthermore, s/he is responsible for the communication of these metrics in a manner that is easy to understand and translate into action by the organization. S/he monitors identified metrics to report on program success and progress, holds program owners accountable for their commitments and regularly conducts status updates to track progress, identify and resolve issues in order to deliver consistent results.
The HSG acts as the Chief of Staff for the VP of GHS and is the liaison between the Operations and the Employee Health Innovation COE. S/he establishes and maintains external PM through leadership relationships and translates these insights into tangible governance and PM solutions within GHS as appropriate. S/he is expected to manage creative and proactive governance solutions that bring transparency, clarity and efficiency to GHS infrastructure. S/he will collaborate with internal and external data analytic SMEs to translate data in the most optimal manner for the J&J enterprise. S/he will partner with the Chief Employee Health Officer to provide leadership/oversight to GHS governance via related standards, policies and guidelines ensuring regulatory compliance and the highest quality and compliance. This also includes oversight of GHS-related audits, and validation of key metrics and CAPAs.
The HSG is responsible for strategic communication for the GHS function including: review/approval of key communications, alignment of communications across GHS and act as key liaison for GHS with corporate communications, as well as provide input to the overarching strategic direction for communications/messaging for major GHS campaigns. S/he exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to adapt and adjust communication style to accommodate variances in target audiences. S/he facilitates virtual teamwork initiatives for cross-functional and organizational partnerships through the use of appropriate technologies. Furthermore, s/he acts, leads, and is sought out as an expert resource to provide guidance and instruction to others in adapting to new and emerging priorities.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Business, Marketing, Public Health, Health Care Administration or related field.
• A Master’s Degree/MBA is preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in a related field is required.
• Experience in the Life Sciences, Health and Wellness and/or Healthcare Industry is preferred.
• A minimum of 7 years of people management experience is required.
• Proven Project Management experience and knowledge is required, including the understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management.
• Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment is required.
• The ability to successfully manage multiple programs, scope projects and create workable project plans is required.
• Experience in the preparation of strategic and operational plans is required.
• Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment and assertiveness is required.
• Experience working with matrixed, geographically distributed and functionally diverse work groups is required.
• Proven ability to build strong partnerships with the business at all levels of the organization including operations, technology and other key stakeholders is required.
• Proven experience in providing service to internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes is required.
• Knowledge of the corporate regulatory environment and corporate governance principles to ensure compliance with all federal, state and industry rules and regulations are met is required.
• Experience with strategic and corporate communications is required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills, are required.
• Project Management certification is preferred.
• Experience in LEAN process improvements is preferred.
• This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
• This position will require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Health & Safety