Johnson & Johnson Careers
Computer Vision Engineer, C-SATS, Inc.
Requisition ID: 7836190219
C-SATS, now a part of the Johnson & Johnson Institute, is a first of its kind online performance improvement system for surgeons. Started by a team of doctors, engineers, and biostatisticians as a research project at the University of Washington, we provide objective, quantitative feedback on surgeons' intra-operative skill. Once our hardware gathers surgical video from operating rooms around the country, our software platform provides detailed performance evaluation using expert reviewers, non-technical crowds, and Artificial Intelligence.
As a part of the Johnson & Johnson Institute, C-SATS can now harness the reach, collective resources, and passion of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies to support the professional growth of those who care for others.
C-SATS is the first AI platform for surgical education, and this role is at the core of what we do. By joining C-SATS, you will become part of a tight-knit, startup-minded team committed to improving medical outcomes and bringing state-of-the-art technology to healthcare.
On any given day in this role, you might:
- Use state-of-the-art computer vision techniques to extract information from surgical videos
- Build machine learning models that draw on video, text, audio and other data sources to offer personalized insights for health care
- Work on challenging problems in surgical video understanding -- with a surgical video data set that no one else has
- Collaborate with the CSATS engineering team to ensure that our AI scales in production
- Collaborate with medical practitioners to understand what kinds of visual signals are important to predict or detect
Why This Matters
You will be responsible for a critical part of C-SATS, and you will have a direct impact on patient outcomes. We measure technical skills in healthcare practitioners -- skills that directly impact patients. Medical practitioners who score poorly generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. The AI that you build will have both impact and scale: Major medical centers have completed 1.5 million assessments with C-SATS, and they depend on us to ensure the quality of practitioners and the safety of patients.
- You have a master’s degree in ECE, computer vision, computer science, or a related field (PhD preferred)
- You have 3+ years of relevant industry experience working with video data
- You are proficient in machine learning and computer vision
- You’re proficient in Python, OpenCV, and at least one major deep learning framework
- You’ve deployed deep learning models to production
- You’re strongly motivated to do state of the art work that has a concrete, positive impact on the world
- You want to join a small, scrappy, startup-style team and work full-time onsite in Seattle, WA
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of AWS
- Excellent written and spoken English
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
R&D Engineering (R&D)