Johnson & Johnson Careers
JANSSEN PK/PD SCIENTIST INTERN
Requisition ID: 7826171220
Janssen, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a co-op/intern student to work in the PK/PD area for biologics drugs. Janssen is the name given to Johnson & Johnson’s global group of pharmaceutical companies. These companies market both conventional small molecule and biologics products in a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The position is offered by the Preclinical Development and Translational Sciences group within the Biologics Development Sciences (BDS) department of Janssen BioTherapeutics (JBio). The Preclinical Development and Translational Sciences group supports Janssen biologics product discovery and development programs, with an emphasis on using modeling and simulations to integrate pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) data and drive critical program decisions. The Co-op/Internship Program is focused on providing college students with practical industrial scientific and clinical experience.
The Preclinical Development and Translational Sciences Intern will:
- Work collaboratively with the PK/PD scientists in the group supporting ongoing projects
- Assist with activities associated with the development of mechanistic PK/PD models for understanding of the PK/PD relationship for biologics drugs
- Participate in ongoing group meetings and project team meetings including data analysis, slide preparation for study updates and identified issues.
- Be exposed to various other functions within the Preclinical Development and Translational Sciences group and BDS
- Candidates must be enrolled in a doctoral degree program in pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical sciences or related discipline.
- Candidates must be able to work full-time during the employment period.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status).
- Must be proficient with at least one modeling and simulation software such as NONMEM.
- Hands-on experience and in-depth training in the area of mechanistic PK/PD modeling is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team
- Strong motivation and problem-solving abilities are required.
- Strong publication record is preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)