Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Project Manager, A&D Operations Finance
Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 7823180417
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager, A&D Operations Finance located in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The Senior Project Manager, A&D Operations Finance will be responsible for managing the delivery of global projects within the Acquisitions & Divestitures Operations Finance portfolio. The position is global and supports all sectors of the business. He/she will be responsible for project management of the broad, integrated end to end Finance program inclusive of planning, audit, financial diligence, separation, transition, and integration as well as post-close activities. This would include the management of multiple work streams within Finance including Procure to Pay, Invoice to Cash, Account to Report, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Payroll. He/she will use project management skills to define and manage project deliverables, roles, identify and align resource requirements, establish a governance and escalation protocols; detailed project planning and progress reporting; identifying and managing risks; and leveraging best practices. He/she will need to be a leader who can communicate effectively and deploy a global methodology to support and monitor regional project teams and can successfully integrate a cross-functional and diverse team.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Partner, interact and develop strong relationships with Finance leadership within A&D, Business Development Finance, Business Unit Finance, Corporate and Global Finance Services, cross-functional project managers/leads, various internal J&J disciplines and buyer/seller organizations to deliver end-to-end project management to affect successful project delivery and value creation.
• Lead the project management of global projects within the acquisitions and divestitures Finance portfolio with overall responsibility for the full project lifecycle including project planning and initiation, execution and project closure.
• Utilize project management skills to establish clarity in project roles, identify and manage resource requirements, define project deliverables, identify and mitigate risks, measure outcomes and insure effective project execution to maximize growth and value creation for Johnson & Johnson.
• Have matrix accountability for a project team and may have direct accountability for contract and consulting resources.
• Consult and provide advice, facilitate discussion and resolves conflict; establishes trust; build and use cross-functional relationships to accomplish work objectives.
• Leverage the FPx process and tools to build capabilities and to standardize a common approach
• Be willing and able to work in Raritan, NJ with approximately 10-20% travel required (domestic and global) depending on deal characteristics.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Manage project governance processes supporting the Finance Project Leadership.
• Drive key project delivery activities to ensure a timely and successful attainment of Project Objectives
• Makes decisions and takes timely independent action in pursuit of priorities.
• As the Finance Project Manager on assigned projects, performs a variety of skilled duties such as data gathering, organizing, analyzing and aligning finance deliverables across the finance community
• Facilitates and troubleshoots problems associated with the management and tracking of financial audits, transition, integration plans.
• Facilitates various project status review and planning meetings.
• Is a key liaison as required with key finance stakeholders, Finance Business Unit Partners, overall IMO/PMO and other Functional partners.
• Develop communications plans for Finance with overall PMO and Communications teams and ensure proper development and timely distribution.
• Facilitate the lessons learned process, align on priorities of action and coordinate updating best practices. Including portal related materials
• Forge and maintain external networks to learn and inform improved practices.
• Prepare those affected by change and monitors transitions.
Day-to-Day Finance project oversight & delivery responsibilities include:
• Assists in developing the Finance project charter outlining project goals, objectives, scope, milestones, resources, risks and project procedures.
• Supports global, country-level and regional project teams with the delivery of the project
• Identify, resolve and mitigate issues/risks; escalate as required
• Evaluate & challenge timelines to ensure realistic project delivery
• Provide forward looking view into project and identify critical dependencies
• Make decisions, takes action and set priorities as required
• Ensure Inter-dependencies are addressed & managed
• Facilitate project meetings with clear agendas, defined ownership, and appropriate attendees to ensure discussions stay focused on critical items and key questions are presented
• Develops scorecards and mgmt updates presentations
• Management of 3rd party consultants and contractors to oversee quality of work from these resources
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
• A minimum of 7 years of project management experience leading complex, large-scale projects is required.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant finance and accounting is required
• Experience and working knowledge within the Finance function and the supporting Finance processes and transactional systems including Financial Planning & Analysis, Account to Report, Order to Cash, Requisition to Pay, T&E and Payroll Operations is strongly preferred.
• Must have a strong ability to lead and influence teams within a highly matrixed environment.
• Prior people management experiences including 3rd party contractors is preferred.
• Demonstrate the ability to independently drive and develop content as well as manage high-level meetings with leadership.
• Understanding of large IT systems and programs primarily focused on finance and other inter-related systems is preferred
• Experience planning and implementing change management programs for projects with global, multi-regional, cross-functional impacts is preferred
• Strategic thinker with the ability to dive into details
• Superior teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate, challenge and influence peers, subordinates, buyer/seller organizations and senior management.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills with experience communicating and presenting to all levels within an organization
• Experience working with global acquisitions and divestitures transactions including carve out audits preferred.
• Experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project preferred
• Program Management Professional (PMP) or Prince2 certification is preferred.
• 10-20% travel required (domestic and global) depending on deal characteristics.
• Position is located in Raritan, NJ
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Johnson & Johnson (6067)