Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist I, HTS/Assay Development
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 7817190226
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist I, High Throughput Screening/Assay Development, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Screening department within Lead Discovery is growing with both new positions and capital investment. The department is responsible for the delivery of small-molecule qualified hits for the initiation of hit-to-lead programs within the Therapeutic Areas. Major activities include assay development, screening, and pharmacological profiling. The Screening Team collaborates closely with Janssen Therapeutic Areas and functional teams, the Innovation Centers, and external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect key stake holders for the delivery of goals and objectives, fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication, and who show superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically dispersed team.
• Learn and apply early drug discovery approaches in a multidisciplinary team environment
• Develop assays in biochemical and cell-based formats that are suitable for automated high-throughput screening in 384 or 1536-well formats
• Collaborate with automation colleagues to perform high-throughput screens
• Develop experimental approaches to hit triage, including evaluation of new technologies
• Analyze and archive screening data including presentation at program team meetings
• Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia
• Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate
• Publish research in high-quality journals as appropriate
• B.S. in biochemistry, cell biology, chemistry or related areas with at least 4 years of pharmaceutical industry experience OR a M.S. in biochemistry, cell biology, chemistry or related areas with at least 3 years of pharmaceutical industry experience is required
• Expertise with biochemical or cell-based assays using methods such as luminescence, fluorescence, absorbance and radiometric detection is required.
• Experience in the design, optimization, and miniaturization of biochemical or cell-based assays for high-throughput screening is preferred
• Hit triage experience is preferred
• Expertise with modern automated laboratory instruments for running high throughput assays is preferred
• Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
• Record of publications is preferred
• Excellent written communication, oral communication and oral presentation skills are required.
• This role is based in Spring House, PA may require up to 5% of domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)