Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Chemical Biology / Chemoproteomics located in La Jolla, CA (San Diego area).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson& Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research and Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual with chemical proteomics expertise to join our team. This position will be a part of the chemical biology/chemoproteomics team within the Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology Group, and will report to a senior member based in La Jolla, CA.
The candidate will be a key member of the Molecular & Cellular Pharmacology group, and provide proteomics support and biochemical expertise to therapeutic area programs from target nomination through declaration of a clinical candidate. The candidate will provide chemical biology and proteomics expertise to internal programs as well as external collaborations. S/he will contribute to establishment of robust workflow of LC-MS-based proteomics, maintenance of LC-MS platforms, and quantitative data analysis. The candidate will use quantitative proteomics to elucidate compound mechanism-of-action and carry out supporting biochemical and cellular validation. S/he will collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary/matrix environment for the progression of drug discovery projects.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent in proteomics/biochemistry/cell biology or related field with at least 2 years of post- doctoral experience is required.
- Strong track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed first-author publications is required.
- Solid LC-MS and tandem MS background including hands-on experience with QE series (QE, QE-HF, QE-HFx) and/OR Fusion series (Lumos, Eclipse) mass spectrometers and nanoLC chromatography systems for use in quantitative proteomics applications is required.
- Expert in proteomics data analysis, including Proteome Discoverer, MaxQuant, or equivalent analysis platforms is required. Some programming expertise is a plus.
- Extensive experience and deep understanding of biochemical, cellular and molecular biology techniques with demonstrated experience elucidating mechanisms of cellular signaling pathways and/or protein homeostasis is required.
- Proficiency in protein biochemistry techniques (examples may include: fractionations, western blots, chromatography, bioconjugation, etc.) is preferred.
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills are required.
- Strong capabilities to collaborate with scientists across multiple disciplines is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- This position is located in La Jolla, CA, and may require approximately 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
North America-United States-California-La Jolla
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)