Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist or Scientist
San Diego, California
Requisition ID: 7763190624
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist or Scientist in Translational Sciences, Biomarkers Immunology, located in La Jolla, CA.
At Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Immunology team at Janssen R&D in La Jolla, California is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist or Scientist I Immunologist who has extensive background in the development of immunoassays such as target engagement assays, PD assays, translational biomarkers and cellular immunology. The candidate must have a good understanding of cellular and molecular immunological pathways that drive autoimmune diseases. The successful candidate will join the Translational Sciences Biomarkers team to help develop cutting-edge therapeutics for the treatment of autoimmune diseases, with specific focus on immunodermatological diseases. He or she will be expected to participate on cross-functional teams and maintain direct involvement in the laboratory, and aid in developing and implementing patient biomarker driven research for portfolio projects. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
• Design and conduct laboratory studies utilizing a variety of sample analysis platforms primarily on human specimens for biomarker, back-translational research and disease understanding.
• Conduct ex vivo functional assays with PBMCs and other primary cells, including skin cells.
• Design and utilize flow cytometry/FACS to immunophenotype cell populations using multicolor panels (>14 markers) in various platforms and analyze data generated.
• Develop, qualify and validate various immunoassays.
• Execute research activities under limited supervision, provide critical analysis/interpretation of data, report/communicate results and participate in scientific discussions.
• Bachelor’s degree with 4-5 years of experience or Master’s degree with 2-3 years of experience or Ph.D. degree with 0-3 year of experience in biology, immunology or related field is required.
• Experience in tissue culture of immune cells, including cell isolation/enrichment methods from blood and/or tissues is required.
• Proficiency with designing, performing and analyzing multicolor flow cytometry/FACS-based assay is required. Previous experience with CyTOF and cell sorting is preferred.
• Experience with the development, qualification, validation of immunoassays is required.
• Experience with some or all of the following molecular biology techniques/platforms: DNA/RNA/protein extraction, PCR, microarrays, NanoString, RNAseq and ELISA/MSD/Luminex/Singulex is required.
• Background in inflammation or immunology research is strongly preferred.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)