Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, HR Process & Governance (ProGo)
Requisition ID: 7753181115
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Director, HR Process & Governance (ProGo). This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The HR Process & Governance leader drives the development, implementation and execution of sustainable and cohesive Governance, Portfolio Management, Project/Program Management, Resource Governance, and Financial Governance strategies to achieve goals defined by the overall HR strategic plan.
This role is responsible for stewarding Governance for Global HR and driving the creation and maintenance of the HR Governance processes and controls to ensure the HR organization and its stakeholders are operating within approved design standards. This role will also be responsible for management and execution of the HR Standards and Playbook which defines how the HR Operating Model should be governed and managed to ensure alignment to HR strategy. This includes ensuring the right forums, processes, and decision rights are in place to effectively support the services, data, technology, and policy needs across the organization.
In addition, this role leads the HR teams in managing the portfolio of initiatives sponsored by the HR leadership team to deliver strategic value through optimizing demand intake, prioritization, and benefits realization and tracking utilizing standardized governance processes and structure. The HR Process & Governance leader is responsible for leading the process for Portfolio Management across the HR with respect to project administration, gating, and governance. This role will oversee project management expertise, ensure resource allocation and prioritization of projects, and drive progress of the organizations project portfolio towards operating according to the standardized best practice, ensuring consistency across the HR.
Finally, the HR Process & Governance leader will ensure that program/project management standards are put in place, such as the use of a standard methodology (FPx or other selected methodology), and the use of consistent project charter, schedule, budget and resource management tools and processes.
This key, global, cross-functional, strategic role will drive efficiency and effectiveness across the organization, ensuring consistency and governance standardization across HR within complex integrations, while interfacing with senior management daily. This role will report to the Head, HR Strategy, Planning, and Operations.
- Establish and ensure an HR enterprise-wide governance structure to support future state, utilizing HR Standards & Playbook
- Oversee Demand Intake & Prioritization in alignment with J&J HR strategy to ensure the delivery of projects and programs across the organization
- Enhance the established portfolio management process with vision, direction, and a defined long-range plan
- Create value propositions, generate and manage significant capital appropriation requests and budgets required for the benefits realization and tracking of these programs
- Responsible for managing the Portfolio Reporting efforts
- Establish the overall long-term strategy for HR Governance program management
- Provide project management methodologies and support to key projects in the HR portfolio through FPx Training & Project Execution
- Continuously review related industry, internal and external environments and align roadmaps to meet changing regulatory and business needs and manage Project Charters, Schedules, Budgets, and Resource Management
- Oversee the management of Risks and Issues throughout the Program and Project Management process
- Establish and manage Program/ Project Reporting through optimized, value-added quality metrics, and standardize those metrics across HR, defining measures, targets and methodologies to analyze within management review
- Collaborate closely with the Global Process Owners to address Governance challenges across HR
- Embrace and lead a culture of inclusiveness and multi-cultural engagement through coaching and feedback to peers and the broader community in HR in alignment with the J&J’s Leadership Imperatives
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, and feedback to and through subordinate team members
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 12 years experience managing many aspects of Governance Systems in an international, global context is required.
- Regulated industry experience is preferred.
- Experience operating an organization’s Governance model is required.
- Prior people management experience and the ability to develop high performing teams is required.
- Must have experience driving large scale transformations with competing priorities and initiatives.
- Experience operating in a matrix global framework is required.
- Analytical skills and experience leading risk-based oversight programs is required.
- Organizational change management experience is required.
- Portfolio, Program, and Project Management experience is required.
- PMI or Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ and may require up to 15% domestic and/or international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)