Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Manager, Janssen Clinical Innovation. This position can be located in Titusville, NJ or Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
The Janssen Clinical Innovation (JCI) department is part of the broader Global Development Organization within Janssen R&D. JCI is dedicated to driving innovation into the clinical operating model to make clinical development faster and more efficient for patients, investigators, Janssen, and the industry at large. JCI’s approach is to learn through doing: we design and conduct demonstration projects that generate knowledge about novel operational models and methods. Once proven valuable and feasible, we scale and embed new operational approaches and technologies into Janssen R&D. JCI Patient Data for Research, one of the focus areas within JCI, has been a frontrunner in evaluating data and solutions innovative initiatives for clinical research. Today, augmented RWD is needed to gain accurate insights on the causes and progression of diseases, e.g. the combination of phenotypical with behavioral data (e.g. continuous monitoring through wearables) and genomics data will provide new insights for implementing personalized medicine and supporting clinical trials. These insights will support the objectives of personalized medicine, allowing more adapted treatments and /or prevention programs, depending on an individual’s specific needs.
The Manager, Janssen Clinical Innovation will be responsible for:
- Leading, designing and driving transformational demonstration projects in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, with a focus on patient level data and innovation in analytics solutions. These projects will identify and test novel approaches, processes, technologies and best practices that will create value for patients or have the potential to optimize trial recruitment, reduce trial set up and execution cycle times, and/or reduce cost; generate conclusive results to make the business case for scale-up or adoption of these new methods. Key internal collaboration partners include the therapy area & clinical development teams, functional and data science teams across Janssen.
- Proactively identifying potential roadblocks and taking a solutions-driven approach for complex and undefined projects that may not be addressed by existing policies, procedures, or protocols.
- Providing leadership and project management for multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Co-leading, with the future business owner, change management to ensure successful implementation in the broader organization.
- Collaborating with leading external partners/academic institutions to co-develop and drive breakthrough innovative clinical development solutions focusing on patient data and analytics solutions.
The successful candidate will be a forward-thinker, able to identify novel applications of patient data and innovative analytics, imagine and shape the future of clinical research and design and execute informative demonstration projects to prepare Janssen for this future. The candidate will have experience in using patient data and analytics in the area of clinical research, an understanding of the clinical research environment and a track record of successfully initiating and driving complex projects to completion. A global mindset with proven ability to partner cross-culturally and cross-functionally, to develop strong collaborations and to inspire trust across the organization and at all levels is essential. Candidate must be comfortable exploring new spaces in novel areas of patient data and analytics for clinical development, where there is little or no experience or existing guidelines to follow
- A Master’s degree is required; PhD in business or life sciences is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 4 or more years of work experience (industry or academia) is required, as well as a minimum of 3 years of experience in advanced analytics (pharmaceutical, medical devices, CRO). Or experience in ML/AI or related applications for healthcare and clinical research.
- Self-starter with strong results orientation, who can operate independently and can navigate complex, matrix environments is required.
- Experience executing complex projects from start to finish, with excellent organizational and project management skills is required.
- Ability to partner and influence without authority with leaders at different levels globally and locally (with key stakeholders and especially close partnerships with data science teams across Janssen) is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, incl. ability to persuade, negotiate, and moderate conflict is required.
- Comfort exploring new spaces where there is little to no existing experience or guidelines; ensuring strict adherence to health care compliance to protect data privacy and security
- Excellent oral and written communications skills (English fluency, other major language is asset) are required.
- Ability to analyze and present data in professional 'publication ready' format and proactively engage in abstract submission and identify publication opportunities.
- Experience analyzing patient level data - phenotypical, genomics and/or behavior data (Alternatively: strong ML/AI analytics experiences in another industry), including data preparation, analysis and reporting is required.
- IT proficiencies: Intermediary or advanced knowledge about SQL, excel; Statistical packages R or SAS, advanced analytics methods, ML/AI. Knowledge about NLP approaches, OMOP and/or FHIR standards are additional relevant assets.
This position can be located in Titusville, NJ or Beerse, Belgium and will require domestic and international travel up to 25%.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)