Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director of Data Science External Alliances
Requisition ID: 7749190219
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. is a division of Johnson & Johnson and is currently recruiting for a Director of Data Science External Alliances. The preferred locations are: Belgium; Raritan or Titusville, NJ; La Jolla, CA; or Springhouse, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen R&D (JRD) is an organization of 11,000+ people with an operating budget of $7B, which includes JRD Therapeutic Areas (Cardiovascular/Metabolism, Immunology, Infectious Diseases/Vaccines, Neuroscience, Oncology, Pulmonary Hypertension) and JRD Global Functions.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
You will be responsible for being a great partner and contracting with strategic vendors.
You will partner closely with the Senior Director, Data Science Strategy & Innovation and the broader team. You will provide strategic, organizational and operational leadership to the different capabilities encompassing External Alliances with the core responsibility to lead and execute Alliance Management.
You'll be ultimately accountable for the successful collaboration with and performance of strategic vendors. You'll work both independently and with a team to handle multiple projects and initiatives at a time with input from other leaders across the data sciences organization.
Key Responsibilities include:
- You will set strategy for the External Alliance (EA) organization based on strategic interaction with business partners. Understands the company strategy and aligns EA agenda with Janssen Data Science business goals
- You will be responsible for the overall health of vendor relationships and achieving the goals and high quality performance from them
- You will ensure appropriate structure and oversight is in place with vendors to handle relationships and performance.
Relationships/Interfaces/ Core Operational Responsibilities
- Lead end-to-end contracting process for external Data Science Alliance Management engagements; ensuring operational excellence (e.g. Health Care Compliance, eMarketplace) and handling execution of achievement payments (e.g. J&J Accounts Payable, etc.). Collaborates with Procurement to fill vendor capability gaps
- Support Alliance Management planning & operational execution as a builder to strengthen relationships internally and externally
- Able to network and influence externally to form relationships that will advance objectives of the organization in support of helping patients and consumers. Ability to influence without having direct authority over those influenced
- Develop an environment that inspires the sharing of ideas, information, best practices (internal and external to the organization) and participate in industry forums
- Conduct business in line with Health Care Compliance (HCC), company policies and procedures, including applicable SOPs, always having the ethical aspect in mind
- Contribute to the development and improvement of departmental procedures and processes and templates in scope of the company’s efforts towards continuous quality improvement
Project Execution Leadership / Project Management
- Develop and integrate creative process solutions aligned with quality systems to maintain infrastructure support (e.g. internal/external SharePoint sites, BOX) for DS Alliance Management
- Further evolve Data Science collaborations, engagement and integration of team membership to execute strategic plans, resource planning, and cost planning for projects
- Prepare realistic project plans, lead and monitor project progress, actively identify risks to the project and put in place strategies to take care of these, and prepare and deliver progress reports to partners and management
- Ensure appropriate metrics, intelligence and benchmarking are set to assess vendor performance and where needed drive for improvements in close collaboration with the business
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline. Advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, MD, PhD) preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a leadership role with a proven track record of people and project management.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience with management of contracts and contracting processes.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and ability to establish strong and enduring relationships in a global matrix environment as well as the innate flexibility to work in a rapidly growing and changing organization.
- Effective leadership skills and proven ability to cultivate team productivity and cohesiveness, and to provide forward-thinking and strategic leadership.
- Competency in the following: collaboration and partnership, integrity and Credo based-actions, results and performance driven, sense of urgency, and demonstrated leadership and management of large, complex projects.
- Willingness to travel 20% domestic and 20% global.
- Experience in leading external stakeholders/vendors.
- Sound business and financial acumen.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)