Johnson & Johnson Careers
Automation Project Technician IV
Requisition ID: 7745190215
JOM Pharmaceutical Services Inc, a Johnson & Johnson Company, is currently recruiting for an Automation Project Technician IV, located in Shepherdsville, KY to support material handling automation maintenance, projects, and operations, at the Kentucky Distribution Center (KDC).
Putting patients first, our mission is dedicated to providing safe, on-time, and error-free delivery of our products and customer service.
We are a diverse and an empowered organization whose dedication to excellence is proven by our efficient and professional response to the ever-changing needs of our customers. Our work environment exceeds industry standards around safety and compliance.
As the Automation Project Technician you are the authority for material handling equipment and automation systems at KDC. Working daily with peers, supervisors, engineers, and outside resources you will support distribution operations, recognize areas for opportunity, and drive continuous improvement. You will plan and oversee in the completion of maintenance task for all building or material handling equipment.
You will also lead projects by collaborating with Operations, Maintenance, Safety, and IT for purchasing and installing new equipment in line with long term strategy. Partnering with contractors, as necessary, you will drive project management in your area of responsibility and provide written and verbal communication such as status reports, progress reports and documentation, to business partners and leadership.
• Use your skills in project management, systems development, and implementation of automation projects in a pharmaceutical distribution environment, while supporting key IT/Automation projects.
• Execute machine and process improvements on automation systems, post-release, to support operational objectives in the areas of yield, uptime, reliability, etc.
• Be the site SME with Wonderware SCADA, IFIX, RSView, Programming PLC, Honeywell EBI, PLCs, and be knowledgeable of infrastructure, Databases & Operating Systems technologies.
• Act as single point of contact between, IT, QA, Operations and Maintenance with respect to all automation activities at KDC.
• Conduct and document equipment audits to recognize areas for scheduled repair, improvements, upgrades, or equipment obsolescence/replacement.
• Provide SME level maintenance support of planned and unplanned activities.
• Drive process improvement for work order management and parts inventory using Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS).
• Track contract adherence and take corrective actions as needed.
Supplier Relationship Management
• Agree and assure performance in service levels in alignment with established customer requirements reflected in Service Level Agreements.
• Maintain close relationships with key suppliers at local & the corporate level.
• Lead and design system qualifications and validations, by coordinating with Quality and regulatory groups.
HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree is preferred, preferably in an engineering discipline.
Experiences & Skills:
• 6 years of overall professional experience required
• Minimum 3 years of experience in automation and maintenance related technology required
• GxP compliance processes, EHS, experience with CFR Part 11 Compliance, or other regulatory standards are preferred
• Strong collaboration, analytical, and problem-solving skills, ability to influence without authority, and customer-centric mindset required
• Strategic sourcing and negotiations experience (including contracts) preferred
• Proven ability to think strategically and implement approved strategies to drive value for J&J businesses
• Microsoft Project skills preferred
• Proficient in English (written and oral)
• Be able to lift at least 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis, stand and walk on concrete floors 95% of the time, bend/twist, perform repetitive tasks, and work in a refrigerated environment at 2 to 8 C (35 to 46 F) for 2 hours, or more, at a time.
• Demonstrated ability to use all job-related equipment required
• Requires up to 5% domestic travel with other sites as needed
JOM Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. (6162)