Johnson & Johnson Careers
SUPPLY CHAIN INTERN - Milpitas, CA
Requisition ID: 7728190214
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, JJV has helped patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® brand contact lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients daily across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting Sophomores, Juniors and rising Seniors for internships in Milpitas CA.
Academic majors for Internship opportunities are:
- Engineering: Chemical, Mechanical, Plastics, Biomedical and Optical Engineering
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- An individual who applies scientific knowledge, engineering knowledge, mathematics, and ingenuity to complete assignments related to a specific technical field or discipline.
- Works under general supervision who reviews results for overall accuracy, completeness, and soundness of technical judgment.
- Identifies and quantifies technical risks and their consequences relative to the success of part of a project; recommends appropriate action, e.g. reports calculations and recommendations in terms concrete enough for management to make an informed decision.
- Decisions or recommendations would typically achieve department/project objectives.
- Drives functional performance that ensures the highest standard in quality, customer service, and regulatory compliance are met.
- Independently executes the design of products/processes/equipment/systems/facilities by applying standard engineering theories, concepts, and techniques within the discipline.
- Coordinates and monitors activities/projects. Reviews plans and monitors status of implementation for those assigned to project; makes judgments regarding quality of implementation within discipline; employs contingency plans to recover from schedule slippage and financial overruns when appropriate, e.g. tracks actual - Facilitates the definition of a project scope with clients.
- Improves methods/designs/processes. Recognizes and implements good ideas/innovations/costs reductions; consistently generates/adopts original solutions to problems and reduces them to practices, e.g. implements better methods to reduce component costs; creatively applies others' design ideas.
- Prepares written communication. Conveys information effectively through formal and informal documents with team members, designers, technicians, and other technical personnel, both internal and external, using appropriate communications protocols, e.g. develops proposals, conducts reviews; provides audience targeted content; prepares project summaries and design documentation. Obtains approval to proceed with proposed action plans.
- Complies with all regulations and standards for quality, Environmental, Health, Safety, and Energy (EHS&E) Global Policies, Engineering Standards, and other governance areas as applicable.
- Students must be able to provide their own transportation to this location and to/from work every day.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.
- Adheres to safety environmental policies and procedures and supports department objectives.
- Develops and maintains Behavioral Standards in line with company standards and policy.
- Enrollment in an accredited college/university during the Internship is required.
- Actively pursuing at least, a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering /Injection Molding, Biomedical Engineering, Optic Engineering, or related academic major is required.
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the 12-week summer Internship is required.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
AMO Manufacturing USA, LLC (6240)