Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Compound Logistics Automation
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 7720190317
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Compound Logistics Automation to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our Discovery Sciences Organization at the Spring House site is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented and collaborative Senior Associate Scientist, Compound Logistics Automation to join our Global team. He/she will be involved in the day-to-day compound management operations to effectively support the needs of the global Drug Discovery teams.
The successful candidate will drive efficiency & innovation by design of professional services, automating common and time-consuming tasks, and participation in the continuing development and implementation of new robotic handling methods and Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). In summary, a multi-disciplinary approach to manage the automation/informatics of daily operations, provide flexible and adaptive support of local & global research goals, and develop new state-of-the-art systems and processes is expected.
• Accountable for all aspects of Compound Logistics from support of daily operations and delivery of screening plates to strategic input into next generation compound management workflows.
• Work collaboratively in the CL team to deliver quality and timely weighing, solubilization and assay-ready screening plates, in accordance with service level agreements.
• Operate and troubleshoot automated storage & retrieval systems and state-of-the-art liquid handling platforms.
• Operate and evolve compound handling methods and processes to enable efficient execution of Drug Discovery activities.
• Design, develop and implement innovative, outstanding, efficient & effective automation solutions.
• Manage and ensure integration of local support solutions with worldwide compound management strategies.
• Collaborate with all key stakeholders within department or across functions and contribute to (Global) CL team visibility. Participate in site-wide communication and training on hardware and software capabilities.
• A minimum of a B.S. degree in Chemistry, Engineering or related field and a minimum of five years of experience in a compound management or pharmaceutical laboratory automation group is required.
• Strong skills in automation and robotics: demonstrated in depth hands-on experience with laboratory equipment commonly employed in Compound Management (hard and software related) is required
• Dynamic Scientist with proven track record of design, developing and implementing efficient workflow processes, automated sample management, liquid handling, and integrated data handling is required.
• Experience in informatics to challenge existing procedures and improve compound flows using automated systems and strong problem-solving abilities is preferred.
• Experience with interaction with instrument & software vendors is preferred.
• Experience with Mosaic LIMS, Labcyte Echo, Tecan Evo, Hamilton Vantage and/or HRB screening platforms is preferred
• Success in working with multiple customer groups to deliver solutions enabling them to achieve their goals is required. Project management experience is preferred.
• Excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to responsibly complete daily tasks on time are required.
• The ability to work well within a team and the ability to train colleagues is required.
• Experience demonstrating leadership skills, be self-motivated, well-organized, and be able to think strategically is preferred.
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 5% of domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)