Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Patent Counsel, Oncology
Requisition ID: 7705181114
Johnson & Johnson Law Department is currently recruiting for a Senior Patent Counsel to support the pharmaceutical sector of Johnson & Johnson, primarily the Oncology business of the Janssen operating companies. This role is located in Spring House, PA. You will report to an Assistant General Counsel, Patents.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
• Provide a full range of patent support functions, including patent preparation and prosecution, freedom-to-operate studies (e.g., infringement and validity analysis), and client counseling.
• Draft and negotiate agreements, including license and research collaboration agreements.
• Provide due diligence support for business development activities.
• Have in-depth knowledge of competitive technologies in the pharmaceutical product space, with a particular -specialty in oncology products.
• Support US and international litigation.
• Maintain relationships with external firms, partners and/or outside counsel.
• Make regular presentations, train and interact with the business about patents, other intellectual property, contracts, and due diligence matters.
• Work closely with business leaders and colleagues.
• An undergraduate or advanced degree in medical sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, molecular biology, pharmaceutical sciences, or biotechnology is required.
• A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, admitted to the USPTO and licensed to practice in at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of law firm and/or corporate law department experience is required.
• Experience in patent preparation and prosecution is required.
• Competency conducting patent-ability and non-infringement studies and rendering opinions is required.
• Experience in due diligence activities, license/agreement drafting, and contract negotiation is preferred.
• A proven competency in the field of therapeutic proteins and biologics and a working knowledge of pharmaceutical chemistry is preferred to enable you to support both small and large molecule programs. Will consider other technical backgrounds where the applicant has demonstrated competencies in the pharmaceutical or biologic arts.
• The ability to articulate and positively engage clients and internal partners is required.
• The ability to give well organized and thoughtful presentations to upper management is required.
• A positive attitude, high emotional intelligence and the ability to work in a highly matrixed but rewarding business environment is required.
• This role requires travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)