Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Financial Analyst, SOX
Requisition ID: 7702190617
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst (SOX), Customer Receivables Management (CRM) within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization located in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
This Sr. Financial Analyst (SOX) position will be responsible for managing critical activities related to the CRM Sarbanes Oxley and Compliance controls, audits, and reporting. This position will be a power user, SAP trainer, and subject matter expert for all SAP A/R IT activities.
- Develop deep understanding of SAP ERP system with focus on key AR-related transactions and effect on CRM business processes, collections and cashflow. Execute testing and data validation in support of enhancements, upgrades, interfaces, and other transitions/ initiatives.
- Proactive problem identification and solution development to a variety of system problems of broad scope and complexity, referring to policies and practices for guidance.
- Champion CRM’s initiative to increase number of customers to e-Invoicing solutions with frequent internal company and external customer contacts
- Represents CRM on specific cross company/cross functional analyses/projects and give strategic recommendations based on cost-benefit analyses. Regularly communicates to keep associates, peers, and management informed of project status, process changes, and opportunities.
- Develop deep understanding of the upstream supply chain to assist in the identification and evaluation of supply chain events and opportunities and their potential impact to Accounts Receivable
- Responsible for monitoring CRM AR controls (auditing/Sarbanes-Oxley and Compliance) and ensure appropriate internal/external audit documentation and requirement are adhered to on an ongoing basis by all CRM employees.
- Serves as a liaison for Sox compliance and both internal and external auditors, for the review of revenue cycle.
- Coordinate the A/R month end Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Assists with activities designed to increase employees’ awareness, such as training, communication campaigns, and control-self-assessment sessions.
- Continuously assess, propose, and design implementation of internal efficiencies, auditing techniques, and standards.
- You will prepare Corporate Internal Audit Review, ensuring internal controls are appropriate implemented and operating effectively in order to have a robust control environment.
- Consolidate and track action plans to solved issues. Follow up its status with responsible to ensure the implementation.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required; preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economics, an advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in Finance, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Accounting or related industry experience is required.
- CCE or other credit certifications are preferred
- Microsoft Office – Intermediate to Advance skill level is required. (For example, candidate must have proficiency to utilize excel charts, pivot tables and v-lookup).
- Process oriented thinking, experience in leading projects and familiarity with project management tools and methods is required
- Deep knowledge of all relevant systems related to CRM Accounting Systems (AR, SAP/FSCM, MS ACCESS, etc.) are strongly preferred
- Strong influencing and negotiations skills required
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) required
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills; strong spoken and written communication skills; ability to convey quantitative data and conclusions to business partners across functions and levels of leadership
- Problem solving skills, ability to work independently with initiative, resourcefulness and intellectual curiosity; demonstrating a sense of urgency and agility in addressing tasks and projects
- Position is located in Tampa, FL and may require up to 20% domestic and/or international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)