Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Packaging Development Engineer II
Requisition ID: 7701171219
DePuy Synthes is currently recruiting a Package Development Engineer II for their Raynham, MA, facility.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we have created one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine, develops, manufactures and markets innovative solutions for a wide range of minimally invasive mobility therapies.
The Package Development Engineer II provides technical expertise in the areas of design, development, testing and production scale-up of new packaging components, systems and processes. They will typically work under the mentorship of Package Development leadership, and will lead their own projects. They are recognized as an emerging Package Development subject matter expert across a DePuy Synthes business unit.
- Designs and develops packaging for medical devices
- Improves and validates package components and packaging processes
- Develops package testing plans and interprets results as required for various projects
- Supports activities associated with manufacturing and testing
- Provides troubleshooting in the resolution of packaging related issues in manufacturing and the field
- Participates in process improvement task teams
- Participates and advises in decisions involving equipment, package design, cost savings and source reduction
- Resolves and coordinates physical testing to ensure product and package integrity for manufacturing thought end users
- Builds technical competencies in packaging materials and processes used in all manufacturing processes
- Participates and provides technical expertise for risk assessment and compliance assurance programs
- Assure delivery of robust, cost effective, fully compliant packaging solutions that meet current and evolving customer’s needs
- Works in compliance with meaningful standards, laws, procedures as well as J&J Corporate guidelines
- Promotes and nurtures the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance and actively supports our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline is required, Package Engineering preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in engineering is required.
- Experience working in integrated cross-functional product development teams is required
- Knowledge of packaging material characteristics and validation practices is required.
- Experience working in a regulated industry is preferred
- Package development experience desirable.
- Understanding design control requirements are preferred
- Experience working with AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator or other Engineering Software is preferred
- Ability to handle multi complex projects simultaneously is preferred
- Fluency in English is required
- Requires some travel up to 10% both domestic and international.
- This position is in Raynham, MA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)