Johnson & Johnson Careers
Faster Forward Coop
Requisition ID: 7699181128
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 130,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
J&J Supply Chain (JJSC) encompasses four segment supply chains (Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Products, Medical Devices, and Diabetes & Vision Care) that cover planning, sourcing, internal and external manufacturing, Customer Logistics Services and the Supply Chain Strategy and Deployment. Additional enterprise-wide functions that are part of JJSC include Quality & Compliance, Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability and Engineering & Technical Operations.
Our professionals work as highly-respected partners internally and externally to create and implement strategies and processes that support the business in bringing important health and personal care solutions to people around the world.
Our Vision: Set a new standard in healthcare, fueling industry leading growth by becoming the best supply chain in the world.
Our Mission: Strengthen customer trust by reliably supplying high quality products to better the lives of billions.
Key Focus Areas: Fast Track Innovation, Agile Customer Solutions, End-to-End Value.
The Faster Forward (FF) Co-Op position is a 12-18 month opportunity that encompasses functional & professional development, as well as completion of challenging project(s) that will help accelerate the Faster Forward Movement which is working to create a culture within JJSC that is MORE Customer Centric, Innovative and End-to-End Connected. Co-ops will have a direct manager and may participate in organized activities, including sector immersion events, leadership training, and local community service projects to understand the company culture and career opportunities. Hours required for the position are 10-15 hours/week during periods when school is in session, and 35-40 hours during breaks (e.g. holiday and summer time breaks).
Examples of the types of roles and responsibilities the FF Co-Op might include (but are not limited to):
- Management and support for the Faster Forward Community of over 5,000 global alumni;
- Research and analytics for the Faster Forward movement;
- Development of best practices, processes, and tools for our global facilitators and regional leads to leverage and deploy.
- Ability to lead, motivate and train members, to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines for self and others.
- Foster a sense of common purpose and provides direction.
- Connect people to the organization and its vision.
- Translate the organizational vision into operational plans.
- Monitor activities to ensure they are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Must be a enrolled student working towards a business/supply chain undergraduate degree or MBA/relevant graduate degree and will not graduate before December 2019.
- Strong project management, analytics, and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Proven ability self-motivate and operate independently without direct supervision.
- Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning and Shifts priorities and adapts work plans to reflect changes.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, to thrive in ambiguity, and to deliver results.
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve results including identifying and seizing new opportunities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to assess priorities and manage competing deadlines both independently and as a member of a team.
- Skilled data reporting and analytics is an advantage.
- Ability to develop effective social and professional networks.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently in a fast-changing environment.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial behaviors such as rapid problem solving, prototyping and iteration.
- Relevant course work in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics is highly preferred.
Position locations are determined by business needs and may be available at various Johnson & Johnson operating companies located across the region. Primary location will be Bridgewater, NJ. All candidates MUST have the ability to travel to Bridgewater as needed for meetings, which would be scheduled in coordination with school commitments.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)