Johnson & Johnson Careers
Injection Molding Engineering Technician II (1 of 3)
Requisition ID: 7654190213
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Injection Molding Engineering Technician II.
JJV, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the JV brand and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Injection Molding Engineering Technician II will:
• Provides technical and process support for the Arburg and Netstal injection molding machines.
• Train and develop others in process improvements and injection molding machine (IMM) management, while reducing process variability and addressing IMM equipment reliability issues.
• Utilize Process Excellence tools.
• Maintain current knowledge and adhere to provisions of FDA, OSHA, GMP, MPs, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, equipment specifications and process specifications. monitor IMM equipment and process status for new products and new installations.
• Create, review, and update electro/mechanical drawings, operating manuals and procedures, maintenance and calibration procedures, and training manuals as required by the scope of projects that are assigned.
• Investigate alternative methods and procedures to reduce variability and improve equipment reliability.
• Assist in the design of experiments, under operational and developmental conditions, to increase yields and improve IMM machine reliability, repeatability and standardization.
• Vigilant for shop safety, environmental safety, ergonomics and hazardous energy control.
• Provides technical training and certification for IMM Technicians on the operation and troubleshooting of the IMM machinery and process.
• Adhere to environmental policy and procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
• A minimum of a High school diploma is required
• A minimum of two (2) years of college in technical discipline (or equivalent), emphasizing electro-mechanical, and IMM training equivalent industrial experience is preferred
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience is required
• A Minimum of five (5) years of IMM maintenance or engineering experience within a high-volume manufacturing environment is preferred
• Proven injection molding process knowledge is required
• Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas are highly preferred: Process improvement, IMM knowledge, PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, debug and qualification, control circuitry development, electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, equipment prototyping, production start-up, IMM equipment process development and mechanical devices, controller
• Experience working in a technical or vocational industry is required
• Proficiency with MS Office is required including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and organizational skills are required.
• Ability to work in an empowered work team environment is required
• Must be willing and able to work the day shift (Mon-Fri, 800am-500pm) and overtime as needed which may require nights and/or weekends on occasion.
• This position is located in Jacksonville, FL
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)