Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer – System Requirements, located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
The Senior Systems Engineer will have a role in the requirement and design efforts of Auris’ most advanced robotic surgical system. The engineer will apply interdisciplinary systems engineering approach to requirement management, risk management, architecture, as well as design, development, and verification processes, on system-level and subsystem-level of the robotic surgery platform. In addition, the Engineer will be expected to contribute significantly to establishing standard procedures and good engineering practices of above activities in the team, to meet all safety and regulatory compliance.
- Work across engineering teams to create, verify, manage, and track system- and subsystem-levels of requirements and specifications
- Work with Hardware and/or Software teams to lead risk analysis, design FMEA, and identify proper risk mitigation solutions to the complex robotic surgical system and subsystems
- Provide technical leadership in system integration, testing, verification, and improvements
- Ensure systems design and documentation meet all safety and regulatory compliance
- Contribute significantly to establishing the best engineering practices in the full product development cycle for the entire team
- Other related duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM is required
- 4+ years of work experience in medical devices or other highly regulated industries
- Advanced degree in systems engineering, robotics, mechatronics, or control is an asset
- Experience through full product development cycle of complex electro-mechanical systems, from initial concept to release to market
- Strong understanding of systems, mechatronics, and software integration
- Expertise in design and development processes that conform to standards, including IEC 60601, ISO 14971, IEC 62304, etc., and ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
- Experience with requirements management software, such as JAMA is preferred
- Demonstrated technical leadership and issue ownership; proven ability of analytical problem solving and troubleshooting; ability to provide guidance and direction to less experienced technical personnel required
- Expertise in medical robotic systems is a big plus
- Ability to travel up to 10%, Domestic and International is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)