Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Engineer II
Requisition ID: 7625180805
Biosense Webster, Inc (BWI), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer II, to be located in Irwindale, California
Hi-Tech meets Medical Devices at Biosense Webster! If you want to work with brilliant people in a fast paced environment, help make a huge difference in patient's lives and want to be responsible for providing the most innovative technology in the field of cardiac electrophysiology, then Biosense Webster is the place for you! Our vision and mission are clear - be #1 in rhythm solutions globally and cure AF (Atrial Fibrillation), the most common heart arrhythmia. Our products are used by prominent physicians around the world and help improve thousands of patient's lives. Simply put, we are a highly innovative entrepreneurial company with a truly global and diverse culture, backed with the support structure of the Johnson & Johnson Corporation - quite a winning combination! Our commitment to quality and our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones as a company.
Biosense Webster is the world leader in the $2.5 billion worldwide electrophysiology market and our company is in the enviable position of being one of the fastest growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. We have achieved double digit growth consistently over the last decade and aren’t stopping as we look towards the future. Our product portfolio remains strong and further proves we are an innovative leader in cardiac electrophysiology. In order to continue this great growth trajectory, we need to bring on board top talent like you to help fuel our future! Our growth has also enabled a relentless focus on talent development by providing many new opportunities for our employees to expand their knowledge and grow their careers. Our commitment to developing our leaders is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admirable corporations in the world.
Under general supervision, receives general instructions about required tasks and results expected. Work is usually well defined and is checked for progress and reviewed for accuracy upon completion. Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps and processes. Works on problems and projects of low to moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. The qualified candidate must exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine the appropriate action needed. The PM Manufacturing Engineer II will be dedicated to supporting new product development and NPD transfers and responsible for process engineering and improvement, yield improvement, cost reductions, mechanical and electrical assembly, troubleshooting where needed, and various other projects including but not limited to the testing and design of toolings, requirements, and validation protocols.
Under (e.g. limited supervision) and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Receives assignments given in terms of Life Cycle Engineering projects plans and transfers.
- Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
- Moderate exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Supervisor screens assignments for unusual or difficult problems and reviews techniques and procedures to be applied on non-routine work.
- Receives general direction on new aspects of assignments.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Assignments usually include one or more of the following:
- Equipment design and development.
- Test of materials.
- Preparation of specifications
- Process study.
- Research investigations.
- Report preparation.
- Other activities of limited scope requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific narrow areas of assignments.
- May be assisted by a draftsperson or technician.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Responsible for the purchase or design of equipment that meets health, safety and environmental standards set by the company.
- Responsible for performing design reviews and pre-validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally sound start-up of new processes.
- Practices company safety and quality policies and procedures. Actively requires conformance.
- Performs other duties assigned as needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related engineering experience is required.
- Experience in the medical device industry would be an asset.
- Must possess more than a basic understanding of engineering theoretical fundamentals and experimental techniques.
- Knowledge of drafting software systems such as AutoCad and Solidworks (or equivalent) is required.
- This position is located in Irwindale, CA and may require up to 10% travel domestically and/or internationally.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)