Johnson & Johnson Careers
Automation Scientist, Biotherapeutics Development
Requisition ID: 7611190213
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
- Collaborate with Analytical Development and QC Scientists to design and develop automated assay solutions/methods on various laboratory automation or integrated systems
- Support automated methods qualification, validation, and transfer activities, which include performing experiments, and authoring protocols/reports
- Troubleshoot and resolve automation issues; support technical investigations
- Collaborate with automation team members to maintain liquid handling workstations or integrated systems
- Occasionally travel to internal Janssen sites for automation support activities
- Ensure the maintenance of laboratory notebooks and detailed records in compliance with applicable GxP, safety, and environmental requirements
- Ensure data integrity through the accurate and timely data capture and entry into appropriate systems
- Collaborate with QA and regulatory agencies during audits, as needed
- Ph.D. in Biology, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Engineering with at least 3 years of relevant experience OR a MS in Biology, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Engineering with at least 6 years of relevant experience OR a BS in Biology, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Engineering with at least 8 years of relevant experience is required
- Laboratory automation programming and liquid handling experience within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries is required
- Hands-on experience implementing automated laboratory workflows and high throughput methods is required (ie: instrument configuration, liquid handling, and method programming)
- Integration of various peripherals from third party suppliers is preferred
- Experience programming, operating, and troubleshooting liquid handling platforms or integrated systems (ie: Tecan, Hamilton, Beckman Coulter, Agilent/Velocity11, Thermo Scientific™, or HighRes® Biosolutions, etc.) is required
- Experience integrating automated assay solutions with electronic data systems (e.g. LIMS, Electronic Lab Notebook) is required
- Experience performing biological and biochemical analytical techniques; migration of bench techniques to automated systems is required
- Ability to identify/understand complex customer needs and help design solutions for laboratory and informatics workflows is required
- Experience with evaluating and implementing new and novel technologies is required
- Experience with various programming languages, such as Visual Basic, C, C++, etc. is preferred
- Experience with analytical method development is preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and oral), with the ability to liaise with scientists, vendors, and external collaborators is required
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams in a matrix environment is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)