Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc, is recruiting for a field based Director, Regional Disease Area Strategy Coordinator.
The Director, Regional Disease Area Strategy Coordinator (DASC) will be responsible for executing four primary functions: First, coordinating a unified and highly strategic key opinion leader strategy across both the cardiovascular and metabolism therapeutic areas in the United States. Second, the DASC will work with field V+E as well as commercial teams to unify and coordinate data generation and dissemination strategies. Third, the DASC will liaise with the medical science liaisons to support field based medical questions. Finally, the DASC will spend approximately 20% of time supporting new launch activities, in existing or new areas.
This role requires a high performing, and high-energy individual who demonstrates scientific and technical leadership, influence, and excellent oral and written communication skills. Reporting to the VP, medical affairs head, this role is expected to provide clinical and scientific leadership to the entire medical affairs organization, as well as being a key partner to other teams such as the Strategic Customer Group and Commercial Organization. It is a strategic position and the incumbent would be expected to be able to act autonomously, with little direct supervision.
- Design, operational implementation and oversight of a large holistic US key opinion leader knowledge dissemination plan for both CV and metabolic disease
- Form and lead an internal team of experts spanning CV and metabolic disease to ensure data generation and dissemination strategies are executed by the US OpCo to generate maximal internal and external value
- Coordinate with the integrated evidence team head to ensure seamless dissemination of knowledge to key external experts
- The successful candidate must have a MD, preferably with deep experience and scientific training in metabolic or cardiovascular disease
- Experience with cardiovascular or metabolic late stage clinical research is required
- Travel of up to 25% is required.
- At least 15 years of clinical medical practice is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)