Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Medical Lead, Medical Affairs, Oncology to be located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Medical Lead position will lead the development and conduct of a variety of Medical Affairs initiatives.
- Provision of strategic support to multiple internal groups including Global Medical Affairs, Marketing, Sales Training, Research & Development, Business Development, Medical Communications, Medical Writing, Global Medical Safety, Medical Education, Medical Information and the Medical Science Liaison Team).
- Responsibility for the development and execution of Medical Affairs sponsored and supported clinical programs for products in the oncology therapeutic area (i.e. study design, protocol development, execution, and supervision of Medical Affairs clinical studies of all types) and providing peer-to-peer responses to unsolicited medical information queries from practicing Oncologists and other health care providers.
- Responsible for currently marketed oncology products as well as those in late stage development.
- Develop and review scientific publications and be responsible for investigation of safety issues and examination and assessment of licensing and acquisition opportunities.
- Will work closely with the Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, as well as, the Marketing and Sales Groups
- Full integration with the Medical Affairs Group and coordination of efforts within Medical Affairs to address medical and scientific issues.
- Ensure the appropriate use of all Janssen Biotech marketed products for oncologic diseases.
- Provide clinical analysis and promulgate scientific and clinical support for appropriate use of Janssen Biotech products for oncology.
- Support the development and execution of company sponsored Phase IIIb and IV clinical trials, as well as assessment and supervision of Investigator Initiated Clinical Research.
- Support the oncology business in the development of compliant promotional materials and the training of product representatives.
- Collaborate with R&D teams in the evaluation of new molecules for the treatment of oncologic disease and maintain relationship with external investigators and opinion leaders.
- Design and conduct Advisory Boards and attend national and international society meetings, and other venues.
- Support the development of scholarly publications arising from Janssen Biotech studies.
- Support the mission of Medical Affairs in developing product monographs and responses to unsolicited written and verbal product inquiries and surveillance of product safety.
- The position may have one or more direct reports which includes managing objective setting, performance evaluations, and career development for those individuals.
- MD required.
- Board certification in Oncology or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of clinical or managerial experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in pharmaceutical trial design and conduct (Phases II-IV) within the pharmaceutical industry, CRO or academia is preferred.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills are a must.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a matrix type environment with interaction with cross-functional teams is preferred.
- This position requires up to 25% annual travel (domestic and international).
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)