Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, Tools & Infrastructure, located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure in Advanced Development you will conceptualize, design, develop, and maintain the internal software tools that keep Auris moving. Become one of the founding members of a group of software engineers focused on developing scalable tools that assist engineers in their efforts to develop, build, test, and deploy software and algorithms for a complex robotic system. We are looking for a candidate that can work independently and function well within a team, and is flexible, self-motivated, curious and passionate about revolutionizing the world of medical robotics.
- Work with software and other engineers (mechanical, electrical, systems) as part of a focused cross-functional team developing software for medical robotic applications.
- Design and implement novel software tools used by the Engineering teams at Auris.
- Develop interfaces that allow non-software engineers to access the robotic system for algorithm development.
- Integrate and test software solutions on the hardware platform.
- Quickly implement concept proofs and prototypes, and test them on the systems.
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews.
- Define and outline new tasks and help to divide tasks among the team.
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 5 years designing and developing software for complex electro-mechanical systems is required; previous medical device experience preferred.
- Skills in architecture, design, and leadership preferred.
- Strong background in object oriented programming and system architecture is required.
- Proficiency with C++, Python, and Matlab is required.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills required.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820 required.
- Experience with GUI development is preferred.
- Experience developing software for complex electro-mechanical or medical device systems preferred.
- Experience developing software for safety-critical applications is preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is preferred.
- This position will be located in Redwood City, CA and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)