Johnson & Johnson Careers
Product Line Owner IT Manager
Requisition ID: 7585190614
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's
Family of Companies is
currently recruiting for an IT Manager Platform Owner for the Pharma Business Unit
IT Data and Analytics Product Line. The primarily location is in South San
Francisco, CA and may require up to 10% domestic travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the
uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal
The IT Manager Platform Owner will play a key role building and deploying various data management solutions in realization of our Data and Analytics strategy to transform the Pharma Commercial Regional Data Analytics capabilities. The IT Manager Platform Owner will implement data lake, data warehousing solution and data analytics capabilities to empower our business users to quickly identify insights and drive business performance.
Manager will collaborate with IT peers, Product Lines, Business Technology
Leaders, Business Product Owners, Technology Services to apply Enterprise
technology and development capabilities to deliver solutions that rapidly meet
business needs. Key skills are needed to build data management capabilities in
the realm of Big Data, Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Self
Service, Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing and Analytics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and applies best practice techniques to develop enterprise Data Lake, Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing solutions in a high paced environment
- Carries data architecture ownership to develop data models, metadata solution which meet the needs of the organization's information systems, manages data dictionary and the flow of information leveraging variety of data platforms.
- Analyzes internal and external data sources Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Contracting centric datasets to discover data and articulate the data scope and target models to development teams and business partners.
- Performs source data analysis, data discovery, collaborates with business and peer teams to synthesize the business rules required for data acquisition and creation of information with context association.
- Implement solution leveraging AWS cloud stack components (S3, RDS, Redshift, EMR, Spark, Sqoop, Lambda, IAM), NoSQL, Python, PySpark, AWS Glue, Talend, Tableau and Qlik toolset or similar.
- Partners with Business Product Owners and Data Leads to define the IT needs and corresponding backlog stories. Works with shared Application Services teams and Global Technology Services to deliver solutions utilizing an Agile delivery model.
- Maintains data integrity by working to eliminate redundancy. Participates in Data Governance meetings and engages with cross functional teams to stay informed of the ways the organization uses its data and understands its potential impact to delivery of specific initiatives.
- Maps out business processes to serve as a reference for development and IT support.
- Explains to business how requirements may be implemented from a functional standpoint.
- Understands development estimates and articulates different levels of effort required to address the changing priorities and requirements in a high paced environment.
- Tracks progress of the product development and reports to the IT and business stakeholders on delivery status of the data management capabilities, functionality and applications.
- Applies enterprise architecture best practices to accelerate our ability to meet current business needs, to scale and to adapt to dynamic business needs.
- Maps out complex business processes to serve as reference for development of data and analytics’ solutions and advocates for business process simplification where appropriate to deliver robust and cost-effective solutions.
- Coordinates progress of data discovery, build of data foundation capabilities occurring in multiple Agile Scrum work streams. Co-ordinates work streams, activities and initiatives across Product Lines as needed.
- Ensures information security, compliance requirements are met, oversees corresponding SDLC and agile documentation activities takes place, and participates in compliance review activities as required
- Ensures successful business product owner engagement and completion of user acceptance testing
- Partners with Application Services to manage solution development per project plans and service level targets by operations are met.
- Takes business requirements and writes specifications/user stories in a consumable format and terminology for development team.
- Provides technology leadership and data subject matter expertise to drive business adoption of self-service analytics models and solutions.
- Understand upcoming technologies in the space and be able to evaluate them.
- Understanding of technical delivery for platform development to enable "economies of scope"
- Work with teams on demand planning, effort, timing, delivery and support of new demand
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Able to lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and development skills.
- A Bachelors’ Degree with a minimum 5 years of IT professional experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of Commercial Pharma domain knowledge is required.
- Extensive knowledge of commercial pharma business processes like field alignment, field roster, call planning, compensation, patient and script data processing.
- Data Management expertise and data modeling skills.
- Data analysis skills with hands-on expertise to work with heterogenous data sources.
- Experience in analyzing sales (IQVIA - Xponent, DDD, PlanTrak, FIA, NPA, APLD, Symphony Health Solutions, Melissa Data, Prometrics etc.), marketing (Google Analytics, Speaker Program etc.), contracting, medical affairs data domains in pharma commercial function.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business partners to translate business needs into relevant data and analytics solutions.
- Strong business acumen, organizational and advanced communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in data requirements analysis, applying subject matter expertise, building of data management capabilities like Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Lake, Data Warehousing, Data Quality and Data Governance to deliver positive business impact.
- Hands on experience on AWS Cloud stack and with Amazon Web Services like S3, EC2, Redshift, RDS, EMR, Athena, Glacier, IAM is required.
- Domain knowledge of commercial pharma master data and syndicated data sources is required.
- Agile project delivery experience is preferred.
- Experience on big data tools & technologies is required. Experience on Python/Talend/Informatica/Sqoop/EMR/Spark/PySpark for data integration is required.
- Basic analytics tools experience like Qlik/Tableau is preferred
- Experience working with shared Application Services teams, Global teams and vendor engagement is preferred.
- Proven experience in managing large datalake/data warehouse platform in direct support of business functions is preferred.
- Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)