Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist, Receptor Occupancy Assay Group Lead
Requisition ID: 7582190614
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Receptor Occupancy Assay Group Lead located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
As a Principal Scientist, Receptor Occupancy, you will lead a group of 4-6 scientific staff responsible for the development and qualification/validation of Receptor Occupancy (RO) assays in support of PK/PD analysis within Janssen Biotherapeutic (JBIO) programs.
As a successful applicant, you will join the bioanalytical sciences group within the Biologics Development Sciences Department of the Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) organization. This group is responsible for developing, validating, and conducting bioanalytical methods related to large molecule biotherapeutic drug development across all therapeutic areas of J&J, spanning nonclinical studies to post-market clinical development. Responsibilities include:
- Lead a team to develop tools for understanding drug-target interactions with methods that measure RO.
- Identify, originate, and execute new project ideas.
- Guide scientific staff to develop RO assays for research, PK/PD, preclinical and clinical studies.
- Set priorities for experimental work to ensure adequate progress of team projects and objectives.
- Demonstrate and ensure that your team demonstrates strong assay development skills with experience in assay design, qualification and/or validation.
- Ensure that all of your work and the work of direct reports is executed in compliance with GLP (as appropriate) along with other applicable regulatory and departmental requirements and policies.
- Recommend expansion or curtailment of research based on experimental results or scientific information.
In this position, you will also guide the transition of developed methods to CROs for study bioanalysis, train staff in end-to-end processes for assay development and transfer to CROs, and manage interactions with CROs for projects within the team. You will also review and approve all results generated from CROs.
As a subject matter expert, you will be recognized as a “go to” scientist in JBIO with in-depth knowledge and experience in the field and will work closely with Therapeutic Area (TA) partners to design scientific strategies. Your input will be key in cross-functional teams to support understanding of drug-target interactions.
You will produce work that may result in quality peer reviewed publications/patent filings and will contribute externally to the field (non-profit scientific association, committees, consortia, white papers, etc.).
- A Ph.D. degree in an Immunology, Biology or a related discipline is required with post-doctoral experience is preferred and minimum of 5 years of business related experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Hands-on expertise in flow cytometry required.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience with flow cytometry validations/bioanalysis for non-clinical and clinical studies preferred.
- Prior GLP experience is preferred.
- Is adept in leading and mentoring junior scientists preferred.
- A track record of high-quality publications is preferred.
- Experience with leading a matrixed biotherapeutic project team is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)