Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Assay Development
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 7573190213
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Assay Development in Spring House, PA as part of a strategic build in lead identification and high-throughput screening (HTS).
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time, and we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Screening department within Lead Discovery is growing with both new positions and capital investment. The department is responsible for the delivery of small-molecule qualified hits for the initiation of hit-to-lead programs within the Therapeutic Areas. Major activities include assay development, screening, and pharmacological profiling. The Screening Team collaborates closely with Janssen Therapeutic Areas and functional teams, the Innovation Centers, and external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect key stake holders for the delivery of goals and objectives, fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication, and who show superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team.
In this exciting role, you will:
• Learn and apply early drug discovery approaches in a multidisciplinary team environment.
• Collaborate extensively with program teams to identify the most promising compounds in early Hit-to-Lead programs.
• Develop innovative biochemical and/or cell-based approaches to HTS and hit triage as part of the early stages of drug discovery.
• Analyze data and present results at program team meetings.
• Attend and present data at in-house seminars and external scientific conferences.
• Publish research in high-quality journals, as appropriate.
• A Ph.D in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or related fields is required.
• 2+ years of postdoctoral experience in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or related fields is required.
• Expertise with assay development using biochemical and/or cell-based methods is required.
• Expertise with quantitative data analysis is required.
• A demonstrated ability to apply novel approaches to understand biology, as evidenced through strong peer-reviewed publications, is required.
• Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and oral presentation skills are required.
• Experience in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience and/or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred.
• Expertise with assay methods such as FP, HTRF, luminescence and SPA is preferred.
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)