Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Offer Development - Managed Markets & Provider Channels
Requisition ID: 7573180330
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (Strategic Customer Group) is recruiting for a Director –Offer Development – Managed Markets and Provider Channels. This position may be based in the following locations - Horsham, PA, Titusville, NJ, and Piscataway, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. provides account management and customer support services to key health care customers, including hospital systems and group purchasing organizations, leading health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, and government health care institutions. The company also provides contract management, logistics and supply chain functions for the major Johnson & Johnson franchises.
The Strategic the Customer Group provides account management and customer support services to key health care customers, including hospital systems and group purchasing organizations, leading health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, and government health care institutions. The company also provides contract management, logistics and supply chain functions for the major Johnson & Johnson franchises
This position is responsible for managing a team of contracting professionals to drive revenue and increase access for our drugs to patients, by developing and negotiating price concession agreements with customers in the managed markets, institution, physician, specialty pharmacy, long term care, and ITP channels. These responsibilities require that the Director, Offer Development continuously coordinate with SCG Account Management, Pricing Strategy, Legal, Finance, HCC and the JJHCS Regional Processing Center to ensure that all Agreements meet the strategic needs of the business, while at the same time comply with J&J Corporate Guidance Documents and applicable state and federal laws and regulations. They include ensuring that the department is adequately staffed and that the contracting professionals have the training and systems required to conduct their work efficiently.
This individual will have a primary alignment to the Sr. Director of Strategic Contracting. He/she will have secondary alignment to Legal, SCG Account Management and the SCG Pricing Strategy Directors and will establish line of sight across Pharma Business Units. This individual will also provide line of sight across the Lifescan, Depuy Mitek and Janssen Diagnostic franchises for selected products
- Lead the Offer Development Team: Create an Offer Development organizational structure to meet the current needs of the business and continuously develop contracting capabilities to meet the needs of the future. Ensure that the Offer Development Contract Managers and Sr. Managers have the resources and systems required to execute price concession Agreements. Establish performance goals and objectives for each contracting professional and monitor progress to ensure success. Provide guidance on career planning by creating development goals and development opportunities for contracting professionals.
- Implement Contracting Strategies: Ensure access to our products for patients, while managing the risk to J&J and ensuring the financial success of the Janssen Pharmaceutical companies. Participate in the development of pricing strategies, along with Contract Strategy and Analytics, Brand Teams, Pricing Strategy, Finance, Legal, and HCC. Negotiate the terms and conditions for highly complex or novel price concession engagements across the managed markets, institution, physician, specialty pharmacy, long term care, and ITP channels.
- Serve as the Learned Intermediary for the SCG Contract Managers. Provide first line guidance to the SCG Contract Managers during contract negotiations with national account customers.
- Ensure that all Agreements are negotiated and executed in a compliant manner; Ensure that all Agreements comply with the laws and regulations that govern the Pharmaceutical industry, the commitments made to the Office of Inspector General in the Janssen Corporate Integrity Agreement, and with the Guidance Documents issued by the J&J Legal Department. Develop standard operating procedures and work instructions for the contracting process and monitor compliance. Lead the SCG Tier 1 CPC to seek consensus on strategies and exceptions to strategies that are outside the scope of the Janssen CPCs.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. MBA or related advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years business related experience, including contract and or account management experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to influence without authority at all levels, including senior leaderships required.
- Ability to work with all levels in the organization and with customers is required.
- Demonstrated Intellectual Curiosity; hungry to learn more about the evolving health care marketplace and how it impacts the pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Demonstrated Business Acumen; understanding of the health care marketplace, the competitive position of our products, and the process by which patients gain access to our products is required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and make decisions in an ambiguous environment
- Strategic Thinking; ability to leverage industry knowledge to anticipate and prepare for the future is required.
- Proven track record of working in a matrixed environment is required.
- People leadership skills needed to manage staff of various levels is required.
- Experience in contract management for managed markets, physician, institution, long term care Agreements is preferred.
- Experience in pricing strategy for pharmaceuticals and medical devices is preferred
This position may be based in the following locations - Horsham, PA, Titusville, NJ, and Piscataway, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, North America-United States-New Jersey-Piscataway
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)