Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Senior Director, Business Development to be located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Recommends and executes strategies to identify, assess, and pursue business development opportunities. Lay the groundwork and entry strategies for business opportunities of interest. Scans and scouts for potential new business opportunities based on insight of unmet customer and market needs. Develops business cases for opportunities, including conducting research and analysis to vet and validate ideas and opportunities. Delivers oral presentations to J&J management to communicate new business opportunities. Participates in the negotiation, structuring, and closing of deals and integrates assets into J&J.
The Senior Director of Business Development (Licensing & Acquisitions/ Partnerships) for J&J Vision Care (JJVC) will be responsible for developing long-range strategic planning and business development programs to ensure the best use of company resources in accordance with objectives for growth and profitability.
- Develops and executes the right strategies to pursue new business opportunities and influence the direction of the business.
- Translates unmet customer and market needs to identify potential new business opportunities (for example licensing, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, distribution/development/supply agreements, IP, co-promoting, divestitures, and auctions).
- Determines screening criteria, value creation and rationale for targeting new business opportunities.
- Develops business cases for new business opportunities that are aligned with the goals of functional partners (for example, Marketing, R&D).
- Delivers oral presentations to management boards to get approval of new opportunities.
- Manages long term alliances with target partner over time to ensure alignment of interests.
- Negotiates, structures, and closes deals.
- Builds, supports, and leads integration team to integrate new deals and assets into J&J.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of business experience or MBA/other advanced degree with at least 5 years relevant business experience is required.
- Licensing, mergers/acquisitions, consulting or banking experience is preferred.
- Experience in developing business cases for opportunities is required.
- A minimum of a BS or BA in a technical discipline such as Business, Marketing or Engineering is required. An MBA is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience, preferably in a medical device, pharmaceutical company or biotech firm is required.
- Medical Device and Ophthalmic experience are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and developing new market and business opportunities assessments, conducting diligence and executing L&A deals is preferred.
- Business development experience, specifically in acquisitions, is preferred.
- Experience at a large multinational healthcare organization is preferred.
- A demonstrated success in developing and managing strategic relationships to accomplish business objectives is required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage several projects simultaneously are required.
- Strong analytical and operational skills are preferred.
- Strong multi-disciplinary skills in marketing, marketing research, financial analysis, strategic planning is preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- This role may require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)