Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 7559180722
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Global Services, LLC, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer, Commercial Operations Medical Devices NA. This position can be located in Morrisville, NC, Santa Ana, CA, Jacksonville, FL or Fort Washington, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Global Services, LLC represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the Medical Device organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
requirements, coding, testing, and troubleshooting within manufacturing at
external manufacturers (EM’s) as well a post-production and any associated
component suppliers on a routine basis. Will be the liaison for the transfer of
medical devices from R&D into the EM’s and associated component suppliers. Position requires excellent knowledge of OS
coding techniques and hands-on development of production procedures within an
FDA cGMP and ISO 13485 medical device quality system to improve manufacturing
productivity, yields, and reduce product costs.
Position will work across multiple products to provide a high degree of
product availability/yields, quality and reduce cost
of goods sold.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Review code and design
- Develop solid and efficient test tools and procedures
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Work closely with QA in developing QA compliant procedures related to the software design, implementation and verification. Ensure this is consistent with the company Data Management System
- Ensure the engineering documents produced are checked and approved in compliance with the applicable procedures/checklists
- Optimize I/O performance of all Capital Products
- Provide software support to EM’s and post production (Service) and key related component suppliers
- Interface with hardware design/development personnel
- Assess third party and open source software
- Create new processes and documents within production procedures as required for FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and ISO 13485 cGMP.
- Travel (<10% and might involve international travel)
- Experience in embedded software development and trouble-shooting using C/C++
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools. Defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Demonstrated expertise and experience integrating hardware and software systems
- Understanding of embedded hardware and architectures
- Familiarity using Product Life Cycle (PLM) applications
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent understanding and experience with FDA, cGMP, ISO medical device regulatory requirements relative to Class II 510K medical devices.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related with minimum five (5) years’ experience
- Successful track record of manufacturing in a high tech (Medical Device preferred) environment (work with EM’s and associated component suppliers is a plus).
United States-North Carolina-Morrisville
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington, North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville, North America-United States-California-Santa Ana