Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Franchise Health Economics & Market Access
Requisition ID: 7551190325
Ethicon is recruiting for an Associate Director, Franchise Health Economics & Market Access, located in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH.
Do you want to join a team that puts patients and surgeons at the center of everything we do?
At Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC), we are using our breadth, scale and experience to reimagine the way healthcare is delivered and help people live longer, healthier lives. As pioneers in medical devices, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care—working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centered healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
ETHICON, a proud part of JJMDC, has been shaping the future of surgery for more than 100 years. From creating the first sutures to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures to finding innovative solutions today.
Are you passionate about gaining experience across the entire life cycle of a product? Do you work well in a dynamic, collaborative environment? In this role, you will be responsible for the end–to-end evidence generation & dissemination, and market access & reimbursement for medical devices in the Ethicon pipeline as well as established products on the market today. Customer focus, teamwork, and managing complexity are just a few of the skills you will need to be successful in this dynamic environment. You will actively contribute to the commercial and R&D objectives of ETHICON both globally and in the US region, with focus on non-clinical customers as well as building up the scientific knowledge/expertise. You will also build collaborative teams with Regional HEMA partners across the globe to ensure market access needs are understood and included in the product development plan, the Target Product Profile and the Value Proposition.
As an active member of multiple product evidence teams, you will own the HEOR studies including developing scientific publications, presenting evidence at national and international conferences, and constructing commercial dissemination tools. Experience managing external agencies and working with real world data sets will be a plus.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a HEMA relevant discipline (Required)
- At least 3 plus years’ relevant experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical or healthcare consulting business (Required)
- Understanding of medical care delivery systems, reimbursement, market access conditions and health policy trends in major global markets (Required)
- HEOR techniques including but not limited to development and dissemination of literature reviews, budget impact models, value briefs and value dossiers (Required)
- Experience in planning and executing health economic and outcomes research studies from concept through publication including management of research vendors or consultants (Required)
- Strong presentation, communication, and consulting skills (Required)
- Knowledge of global medical device reimbursement systems (Preferred)
- Understanding of and experience in Health Technology Assessment (Preferred)
- Knowledge of evidence requirements that impact reimbursement and market access (Preferred)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision from strategy development through to execution and value creation in a dynamic organization (Preferred)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Health Economics R&D