Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 7550180329
ETHICON, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Process Engineering in the Product Management organization. This position will be based in the Somerville NJ facility.
Ethicon, Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, is a trusted, world-wide leader in surgical care. For over a century, Ethicon has continuously introduced innovations in wound closure, general surgery, wound management, women's health and urology and aesthetic medicine that fulfill the company's vision: Restoration of Body and of Life.
In this role, the Senior Manager of Process Engineering will lead a team of engineers focused on developing processes for New Product Introductions and Product Design/Lifecycle Management changes. Key areas of focus will include (1) developing talent to drive key projects, (2) driving rigorous and robust engineering discipline, (3) partner with key stakeholders; Quality, R&D, Manufacturing engineering to align on technologies and strategies (4) collaborate with PM across Global Surgery to drive standard business processes, (5) actively engage with the Ethicon Product Management staff.
Scope of Responsibilities
· Provide technical leadership to the Wound Closure & Repair PM organization in support of the overall R&D pipeline and LCM programs for a $5B medical device and combination products business.
· Responsible for leading cross-functional lifecycle governance process and portfolio management for Wound Closure and Repair
· Drive key programs intended to improve our technical organization such as six sigma certification, design excellence, rotations with manufacturing sites, etc.
· Responsible for all technical talent development with Wound Closure & Repair as well as collaboration with the rest of Global Surgery & CSS PM Engineering
· Recruit, develop, manage, and motivate highly trained technical professionals to ensure an effective work force
· Support technical assessments for L&A/M&A activities with the NBD organization
· Steers collaboration with internal and external partners to drive execution.
· Reviews and coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, and resolves engineering problems.
· Manage resources effectively and help prioritize and optimize resource utilization.
· Ensure that PM engineering employees are trained and equipped with the tools to perform their jobs successfully.
· Develop and ensure adherence to expense and capital budgets per our BP and Strategic Planning processes
· Ensure compliance in all aspects of Quality and Environmental, Health and Safety per J&J standards.
Experience and Key Competencies
· 10+ years overall business experience in a technical field
· Experience in the healthcare industry is required
· Ability to develop people, manage technology, oversee financial goals and utilize customer-focused decision making
· Change management, project management, the ability to work effectively and drive alignment in a global environment through strong communication and empowerment
· Must demonstrate working knowledge of process development and validation, including design of experiments, statistical analysis, and project management
· Multi-plant experience with a focus on global markets.
· Deep knowledge of continuous improvement tools, lean manufacturing and six-sigma.
· Quality and Compliance mindset with experience in medical device manufacturing preferred.
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required in an Engineering field
· An advanced degree, such as an MS or an MBA is preferred
· Position will be based in Somerville, NJ
· This position may require up to 40% domestic and international travel
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)