Johnson & Johnson Careers
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW - OVERCOMING TUMOR-INDUCED IMMUNE SUPPRESSION BY DESIGNING ONCOLYTIC VIRUS-MEDIATED IMMUNOTHERAPIES
Requisition ID: 7542180329
Janssen BioTherapeutics is seeking a highly motivated candidate to design novel oncolytic virus-mediated immunotherapies
JBIO offers an exciting Postdoctoral Fellow opportunity to team-up with seasoned scientists with a mission to improve health of humanity. Prospective Postdoctoral fellow will engage in the discovery and molecular engineering of Biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs. As an integral member of the Antibody Engineering/Bispecifics group the Postdoctoral fellow will design T cell redirecting multispecific antibodies that are to be packaged into oncolytic viruses to promote durable anti-tumor immune response in immunologically “cold” solid tumors . Proposed project(s) offers an opportunity to design bispecific antibodies packaged into oncolytic virus as the next generation immuno-oncology therapeutics for solid tumors.
At Janssen, postdoctoral fellows are trained by expert scientists working at the cutting edge of drug discovery. Janssen BioTherapeutics supports a wide range of therapeutic areas including Oncology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, Immunology, and Infectious Diseases. The successful candidate will learn from and contribute to an industry-leading drug discovery program that has brought numerous quality therapeutics to patients and significant contributions to human health. They will partner throughout the Janssen R&D organization and participate in cross-functional team discussions, gaining insight into many aspects of biotherapeutic discovery and development. The Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to author papers on their research and present novel findings at scientific conferences.
To design T cell redirecting multi-specific antibodies for packaging into oncolytic viruses to promote durable anti-tumor immune response in immunologically “cold” tumors.
Suitable candidates will have a Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology or a related discipline. Research experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Current molecular biology techniques in the realm of antibody/protein engineering, hands-on experience, with state-of-the-art tools like high-throughput construct design, restriction-free and restriction-based cloning
- Hands on experience with bispecific scaffold design, engineering and profiling
- Hands-on experience in HTP-based binding assays (such as ELISA, SPR, MSD) and/or cell-based (Intellicyt/iQue) for screening antibody variants
- Hands on experience in cell killing, ADCC or other cell-based assays
- Candidates must display an ability to independently design and execute research. In addition to a broad knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry and immunology, we are seeking an individual with deep intellectual curiosity, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)