Johnson & Johnson Careers
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW - NEXT GENERATION OF T CELL REDIRECTORS
Requisition ID: 7541180329
Janssen BioTherapeutics is seeking a highly motivated candidate to discover novel antibody platforms for T cell redirection-mediated cancer immunotherapy.
The goal of the proposal is to produce the next generation of CD3 redirection molecules that will dramatically improve efficacy in solid tumors. Multiple hurdles exist for the current treatment paradigm that potentially impact potency: achieving T cell localization to tumor, activating T cells the tumor, and overcoming the immunosuppressive tumor microenvironment. We are looking to attract highly motivated individuals with experience in protein engineering and cell biology to deliver the next generation of immuno-oncology therapeutics.
At Janssen, postdoctoral fellows are trained by expert scientists working at the cutting edge of drug discovery. Janssen BioTherapeutics supports a wide range of therapeutic areas including Oncology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, Immunology, and Infectious Diseases. The successful candidate will learn from and contribute to an industry-leading drug discovery program that has brought numerous quality therapeutics to patients and significant contributions to human health. They will partner throughout the Janssen R&D organization and participate in cross-functional team discussions, gaining insight into many aspects of biotherapeutic discovery and development. The Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to author papers on their research and present novel findings at scientific conferences.
To develop new protein therapeutic to address the challenges presented by the immunosuppressive environment of solid tumors.
Suitable candidates will have a Ph.D. in protein biochemistry, cell biology, or a related field. Research experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Expertise in cell biology, protein expression and biochemistry.
- Broad knowledge of cell and molecular biology
- Strong expertise in tissue culture and working with a wide variety of cell types
- Experience in protein expression and purification sciences and technologies
- Candidates must display an ability to independently design and execute research. In addition to a broad knowledge of protein biochemistry, cell biology, we are seeking an individual with deep intellectual curiosity, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)