Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW - DESIGN AND DIRECTED EVOLUTION OF NOVEL IgG-LIKE MULTISPECIFICS FOR BBB TRANSCYTOSIS
Requisition ID: 7540180329
Janssen BioTherapeutics is seeking a highly motivated candidate to design and discover novel IgG-like multispecifics for Blood-brain barrier transcytosis
Janssen BioTherapeutics offers an exciting postdoctoral opportunity to team-up with seasoned scientists with a mission to improve health of humanity. The Postdoctoral Fellow will engage in the discovery and molecular engineering of Biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs. As an integral member of the Antibody Engineering/Bispecifics group to design and discover novel IgG-like multispecifics for blood-brain barrier (BBB) transcytosis by rational directed evolution techniques. Besides exploring the potential of the scaffold for a variety of therapeutic applications proposed project(s) offers scope to design and develop next-generation bispecific antibodies that have simple architecture and optimal balance of pharmacology, safety and manufacturability.
At Janssen, postdoctoral fellows are trained by expert scientists working at the cutting edge of drug discovery. Janssen BioTherapeutics supports a wide range of therapeutic areas including Oncology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, Immunology, and Infectious Diseases. The successful candidate will learn from and contribute to an industry-leading drug discovery program that has brought numerous quality therapeutics to patients and significant contributions to human health. They will partner throughout the Janssen R&D organization and participate in cross-functional team discussions, gaining insight into many aspects of biotherapeutic discovery and development. The Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to author papers on their research and present novel findings at scientific conferences.
To design and develop next-generation multispecific antibodies for BBB transcytosis
Suitable candidates will have a Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, immunology or a related discipline. Research experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Knowledge of the current Molecular Biology techniques in the realm of Antibody/Protein Engineering, hands-on experience with state-of-the-art tools like high-throughput construct design, restriction-free and restriction-based cloning
- Hands on experience with bispecific scaffold design, engineering and profiling
- Hands-on experience in HTP-based binding assays (such as ELISA, SPR, MSD) and/or cell-based (Intellicyt/iQue) for screening antibody variants
- Hands on experience in Phage or Yeast Display technology for discovery and/or optimization
- Candidates must display an ability to independently design and execute research. In In addition to a broad knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics and immunology, we are seeking an individual with deep intellectual curiosity, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)