Johnson & Johnson Careers
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW - GENERATION OF NOVEL CAR-T CELL PLATFORMS
Requisition ID: 7539180329
Janssen BioTherapeutics is seeking a highly motivated individual to develop next-generation, solid tumor-based CAR-T therapies
Janssen BioTherapeutics is searching for energetic, highly-motivated Postdoctoral Fellows to enable the development of next-generation, solid tumor-based CAR-T therapies. Significant progress has been achieved targeting hematological malignancies with gene-edited T cells in the clinic; however, the efficacy of these targeted cell therapies in solid tumors remains marginal at best. This post-doctoral fellow position will provide a rare opportunity to execute cutting-edge, bench-to-bedside research with the intent of delivering novel therapeutics for solid tumor patients with few therapeutic options. Upon completion of the postdoctoral program, the Fellow will have acquired valuable career experience that enables entry into translational academic settings, biotech-related opportunities, and/or continued development in large pharma.
At Janssen, postdoctoral fellows are trained by expert scientists working at the cutting edge of drug discovery. Janssen BioTherapeutics supports a wide range of therapeutic areas including Oncology, Neuroscience, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, Immunology, and Infectious Diseases. The successful candidate will learn from and contribute to an industry-leading drug discovery program that has brought numerous quality therapeutics to patients and significant contributions to human health. They will partner throughout the Janssen R&D organization and participate in cross-functional team discussions, gaining insight into many aspects of biotherapeutic discovery and development. The Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to author papers on their research and present novel findings at scientific conferences.
To utilize alternative cell effectors to engineer next-generation CAR-T cell platforms capable of targeting and eliminating solid tumors.
Suitable candidates will have a PhD in Immunology, Immuno-oncology, or a related field. Research experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Working background in CAR-T biology.
- Laboratory-based experience in cell biology, genetic engineering, and assay development is required.
- research backgrounds in macrophage and/or NK cell biology are desired.
- A working knowledge of gene-editing technologies including CRISPR, TALENs, transposons, and related applications is preferred.
- Candidates must display an ability to independently design and execute research. In addition to a broad knowledge of immunology and oncology, we are seeking an individual with deep intellectual curiosity, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)