The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Technology Transactions, to provide legal support and partnership to the Johnson & Johnson Technology (JJT) organization. This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position will primarily support Johnson & Johnson’s Technology and IT Procurement organizations on IT Category transactions, but also collaborate with Law Department colleagues and business partners on other technology transactions as circumstances warrant. This position will be part of the Supply Chain, Real Estate, Procurement and Technology legal group within the Johnson & Johnson Law Department, and will be part of a team of attorneys and senior contract managers providing similar legal support.
The Senior Counsel, Technology Transactions, will:
- Work closely with the relevant businesses to understand business needs and advise on technology-related legal issues and support the contractual needs of the JJT organization. The agreements are critical to Johnson & Johnson’s businesses to help ensure the efficient and effective acquisition of technology.
- Draft and negotiate various technology agreements for Johnson & Johnson affiliates in the United States, including in the areas of:
- software-as-a-service (SaaS), cloud services, data subscriptions, software and technology licensing, software and application development, technology consulting services, hardware and equipment purchases, hosting services, maintenance and support services, software, SaaS, hardware and other technology evaluations, eCommerce, telecom services, outsourcing arrangements and emerging technologies.
- Support the Global Services (Supplier Contracting Services) organization in handling certain aspects of technology transactions, while personally handling more complex and strategic agreements.
- Provide strategic counsel to JJT, Procurement and Supplier Contracting Services clients and colleagues, including keeping abreast of emerging technologies and trends, such as big data, cybersecurity, cloud computing, block chain, robotics, artificial intelligence, mobile devices, open source software and Agile programming, to ensure that the legal support you provide is appropriately adapted to the evolving environment.
- Field a range of legal questions from the JJT and IT Procurement organizations, with support from Law Department colleagues as needed.
- Manage outside counsel for certain transactions and maintain oversight to understand and direct matters in a way that ensures compliance with applicable Johnson & Johnson policies, procedures and best practices.
- Serve as a resource to provide guidance and subject-matter expertise to Law Department colleagues and business partners on a global basis in connection with technology transactions.
- Support technology-aspects of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other types of business transactions, help to resolve technology vendor disputes and be a subject matter expert in technology legal issues for other members of the Law Department.
- Coordinate with other departments and subject-matter experts regarding risk management, privacy, litigation, compliance, information security and technology development.
- Train and oversee the work of Senior Contract Managers within the Supplier Contracting Services organization who support the types of technology transactions described above. These professionals report into the Law Department and provide first level legal support for escalations from Contract Champions in the Supplier Contracting Services organization.
- A Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school is required.
- Authorization to practice law (in good standing) in at least one US jurisdiction is required.
- A minimum of six years of relevant legal experience is required.
- Recent law firm experience in a technology or other related practice group is required.
- Experience drafting and negotiating technology contracts is required.
- Experience advising on legal obligations and risks relating to intellectual property is required.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- The ability to collaborate with business partners, stakeholders, other Johnson & Johnson attorneys and outside counsel is required.
- Travel up to 5% mainly domestically is required.
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)