Johnson & Johnson Careers
SCIENTIST DISCOVERY PROCESS RESEARCH (1 of 3)
Requisition ID: 7537190213
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Process Research (DPR) located in Spring House, Pennsylvania.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson conduct research and development in a variety of therapeutic areas to discover novel therapeutic approaches to address unmet medical conditions.
We are currently seeking an extraordinary synthetic organic chemist to join the Discovery Process Research (DPR) group at our Spring House, Pennsylvania, site as a Scientist.
You will be responsible for conducting research directed to the development of creative solutions to complex chemistry problems across a portfolio of projects in the discovery space, from lead identification through selection of development candidates. Our goal is to facilitate medicinal chemistry research by finding solutions to synthetic bottlenecks, enabling access to novel chemical space and translating chemistry innovations to the development of efficient routes for the synthesis of small molecule drug candidates advancing into development.
Your work will require state of the art synthetic organic chemistry skills and analytical chemistry techniques. You will be expected to remain conversant with the modern chemical literature and to maintain a strong laboratory presence. Building and maintaining close collaborations with colleagues in medicinal chemistry, chemical and pharmaceutical development as well as other adjacent functional areas of drug Discovery and Development are key to the role. As such, you have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to grow in a team and goal driven environment.
- A PhD in Synthetic, Organic or Medicinal Chemistry is required.
- Postdoctoral experience OR up to 3 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical industry within the area of process chemistry is preferred.
- Experience in methodology development, catalysis, total synthesis or similar is required.
- Consistent track record of scientific excellence and successful research in Organic Chemistry supported by peer-reviewed publications is required.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a highly integrated environment is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives are required.
- Productivity and efficiency working in the lab is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)