Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director of Marketing, Cardiovascular
Requisition ID: 7530180720
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director of Marketing, Cardiovascular based in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, HIV, Immunology, Mental Health, and Oncology. Please visit http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Director of Marketing, Cardiovascular will join and lead a highly capable team composed of dedicated and passionate individuals. The Director of Marketing will contribute significantly to the development of the brand/commercial strategy, while leading all core promotional activities for Healthcare Providers and Consumers. The position leads a team of Group Product Directors, Product Directors and Product Managers. The Director of Marketing, Cardiovascular together with Director of Marketing for Franchise Payer Strategy and the Director of Marketing for Life Cycle will jointly report to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing Cardiovascular.
The Director of Marketing, Cardiovascular will foster strong partnerships with multiple functions including Sales, Sales Training, Commercial Excellence, Finance, Strategic Customer Group, Medical Affairs, Value & Evidence, Global Commercial Strategy, Research & Development, New Business Development, Corporate Communications, and outside agencies and vendors to effectively execute key commercial activities.
- Develop an integrated business plan and long range strategic plan within the Cardiovascular Franchise
- Identify, develop and execute key promotional strategies & tactics across multiple sites of care and communication channels;
- Establish annual Marketing Plans and executing promotional tactics with a focus on innovation, for patient, Healthcare Providers and Consumers and payers
- Sets clear and compelling expectations. Develops and consistently communicates the vision and the overall business strategy throughout the team and business partners to drive alignment and effectiveness.
- Develops influential relationships with National KOLs and decision makers within designated national customers, suppliers, distributors, academic center of excellence, and manufacturers.
- Driving market research with Commercial Excellence partners and analytics to gain insights, prioritize resources and plan product tactics, bringing the voice of customer to all that we do
- Co-ordinate implementation of promotional activities with sales management and sales training
- Managing marketing budget to support business financial objectives
- Tracking and monitoring monthly brand performance, recommending corrections as needed
- Analyze key financial reports (budget, commercial policy, price, net sales, etc.)
- Collaborating with New Business Development, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Market Research, and Strategic Customer Group organizations in daily business and long-term strategic planning
- Continually assessing competitive landscape and responding accordingly
- Working compliantly and within HCC and regulatory guidelines to achieve business goals
- Partner with Sales Leadership Management and Sales Learning / Training to track and adapt as needed personal selling efforts and training needs;
- Ensure appropriate resources and organizational alignment to capitalize on short-term and long-term business opportunities
DEAL WITH A COMPLEX BRAND IN A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE MARKET
- Be able to break down complexity and provide others with straightforward, easy-to-understand messages
- Simplify messages to influence the market to choose the product for appropriate patients
CREATE AND SHAPE BRAND STRATEGY AND FUTURE DIRECTION
- Shape future strategy based on strong data set and competitive activity
- Drive the strategy for a long-standing and large brand for Janssen with the potential for significant patient impact
LEAD THROUGH CHANGE
- Influence others to accept and work through change
- Set a strategic vision and lead the organization toward this vision
- Opportunity to continue to develop talent to prepare for current future market needs and trends
- Be willing to challenge team to take on new or modified tasks
INFLUENCE AND PARTNER WITH OTHERS
- Partner with US medical team
- Align internal and external stakeholders to the strategic vision within the Cardiovascular franchise
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. An MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years Pharmaceutical business experience (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Payer/Access experience, Analytics, International experience, National Business Director or other transferable experiences) of which 6+ years demonstrated in line marketing experience and proven performance is required.
- US in-line marketing experience (professional and/or consumer) is required.
- Prior Director of Marketing experience preferred.
- Cardiovascular marketing experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in critical marketing competencies is required.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of strong leadership capabilities with ability to work effectively in a matrix and unstructured environment.
- People management experience is required.
- Product Launch experience is preferred.
- Previous Pharma Sales or Sales Management experience is preferred.
- Global Marketing/ Early Commercial Development experience is preferred.
This position is in Titusville, NJ and requires up to 25% travel predominantly US with limited outside US travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)